+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wigan

I agree with the above but that Callum McManamam challenge on Haidara a few years ago annoyed me. I know you can’t tar a whole club with the same brush due to one thug but honestly, afterwards from the chairman, coaching staff and on boards like this, almost all of them defending it! It’s a bit like when Danny Guthrie broke that lads leg against Hull City for us, there was no way I could honestly defend that even if he was one of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    I agree with the above but that Callum McManamam challenge on Haidara a few years ago annoyed me. I know you can’t tar a whole club with the same brush due to one thug but honestly, afterwards from the chairman, coaching staff and on boards like this, almost all of them defending it! It’s a bit like when Danny Guthrie broke that lads leg against Hull City for us, there was no way I could honestly defend that even if he was one of ours.
    No, I'm with you on that-there was absolutely no acceptance of any blame once Martinez had backtracked on his immediate post-game comments. The word had clearly come down from Whelan to wind his neck in, they closed ranks and the PL proved what a bunch of cunts they are by refusing to do anything retrospectively even though they had done so (despite the ref 'seeing' challenges by other players) previously. One of the worst challenges you could ever see. Haidara was a cracking player and was NEVER the same again.

No contrition from the player, either.

Same thing happened when Nigel Dejong broke HBA's leg.

I hear nothing but crowing from the City fans that HBA was a pu$$y and that it was a clean tackle when even a blind man could see it was disgusting. High, studs showing and dangerous.

But that's football sadly. Seem that we are always on the receiving end of negative treatment.

Harsher punishments, bad decisions & barely ever awarded a penalty.

Soon though my black and white brethren we shall be recruiting from a pool of higher quality players and oppose our influence not just on the prem but across the world once again!

WTL

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Agreed.

It is a pisstake there takeover was waved through though.

Have just been sent this. Seems a bit far fetched if you ask me but just say for arguments sake it's true. What a disgrace it is.

https://twitter.com/marksparko/statu...335836163?s=19

Aye - I saw that earlier and was going to post it.

It's on BBC as well now.

If true - as you said, a disgrace.

but it's fine that deal got green lit with no drama.

And going a bit further back - Chelsea live on Sky as we speak and their fit and proper owner can’t even get a visa to enter this country and watch his team. What an absolute shower of shít the collective football administration that is the EPL, EFL & the FA are. How the fück are the dimwits employed by that lot qualified to be so, I’d love to know the actual background of all those concerned who are judging our fiasco - experience, companies house checks, current & resigned directorships, declarations of interest etc. Obviously, it’s so non-transparent that will never happen. Bāstards!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)