+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jka

What a cracking bit of business by our man Orta.

Doesn't play a single game..we then send him back..and if we go up we then have to pay 17 million quid for him!

Very Leeds United that is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    What a cracking bit of business by our man Orta.

Doesn't play a single game..we then send him back..and if we go up we then have to pay 17 million quid for him!

Very Leeds United that is.....
    Hang on Rev i didn't know this - are you saying that we are committed to buying him if we go up, even though we've sent him back from the loan?

I assumed the end of the loan terminated the whole deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Hang on Rev i didn't know this - are you saying that we are committed to buying him if we go up, even though we've sent him back from the loan?

I assumed the end of the loan terminated the whole deal?
    The answer is yes, we are, RB Leipzig officials are quoted as confirming that is the case (unless of course the weasels can wangle out of it)

Savvy Agents hawking players around in Jan is no surprise but I'd expert the Leeds contract writers legal content duty would eliminate silly bugger counter claims.
    The devil will be in the contractual detail of terms,conditions & clauses.

If the language indicates that Leeds 'HAD' to be promoted to the Premier League by the end of the loan contract in order for their obligation to buy to kick in then Leeds 'might have a case' but if there is no specific date tied to their promotion and the contract merely states 'IF' Leeds are promoted to the PL in the 2019/20 season (or such similar language) then it would seem that they have a complicated 'expensive' case on their hands.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...gation-to-buy/

It's a genuine pity that we didn't find out more about his ability as a striker, the very few glimpses we saw of him he looked like he had a good instinct for goal.

However if he is a sick note etc, best we save that fee and spend it elsewhere.

In true Leeds fashion, I would say he will now go to another club, match fit and score a hatful and look every bit the £80 million player some people think he could turn into.

Looks like if we were not promoted before the end of his loan we don’t have to buy hence why they don’t want to extend the loan

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Looks like if we were not promoted before the end of his loan we don’t have to buy hence why they don’t want to extend the loan
    See post #14 and the link included there. Not sure any of us know if its a case of "Leeds have to be promoted by the end of the loan period", or simply "if Leeds are promoted".

Former wording, we have an out. Latter wording, we don't,

Orta, shut the door behind you on your way out. He's had his moments but in general I think he's poor. Regarding JKA, absolute dross. If I bought a telly on tick and didn't get an hours worth of viewing out of it in 5-6 months they'd be getting sweet FA!

Quote Originally Posted by YEBOAH01 View Post
    Orta, shut the door behind you on your way out. He's had his moments but in general I think he's poor. Regarding JKA, absolute dross. If I bought a telly on tick and didn't get an hours worth of viewing out of it in 5-6 months they'd be getting sweet FA!
    Been saying that (wishing our DoF would do one) for a looooonnngggggg time. Never has been any good, never will be any good (and for the record, no, I don't believe he had anything at all to do with Bielsa coming to Leeds).

Totally agree WTF11, to sustain a place at the top table we need Orta binning.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)