+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jka

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    agreed - few articles and podcasts saying almost pointless signing players in Jan or at the end of the summer window as wont have time to learn MBs system or get fit enough to be ready to play.

JFA was the one MB wanted but he came injured got ready like poveda in lockdown and came back ready to go and got injured again. Not sure what that has to do with commercial acumen.

Radz and team have trimmed the bloated squad, improved match day areas and revenue and transformed the merchandising side. Kappa as a shirt sponsor is good and next season we are supposed to have Adidas. They seem to be pretty good compared to recent times.
    None are so blind as those who will not see.

Who was it who was responsible for the "bloated squad" in the first place?????

Anyway, as it seems that all are content with having spent £4m on 49 minutes of nothing, I suggest we all stop any further criticism of Patrick Bamford as he at least is fit, contributes excellent hold up play (i think all would agree on that?), and occasionally scores a goal or two, much better value for his weekly wage than JKA and a snip at 7m (or was it 10? Still cheap in comparison to what we might have to shell out for the lump from Leipzig!).

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Many teams have signed players in January, strengthened, freshened and then kick on to get promotion.
    Instead we..........................??
    F00k it up as usual.

Which January signings have made other teams better? Last time I looked we’re out on our own top of the league...

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Which January signings have made other teams better? Last time I looked we’re out on our own top of the league...
    Previous seasons lad.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Come on stomp you know we are rubbish in the Jan TW.

But we are top so I agree with you

Hmmmn you are beginning to sound like Donald Trump. No regard to facts or what you may have said before.

Somewhat ironic that whilst you don’t like people commenting on what you say unless in full agreement with you that now you tell people not to comment on Bamford.

What would you like to discuss the aesthetic qualities of this seasons kits?

I actually wasn't that bothered about the January window. Inevitably there are players available however the price some clubs want for them makes it out of the question and if they were any good, why would they be in the shop window. No, I think Bielsa knows that we have some top talent in the U23's and more importantly, they will have been schooled in the Bielsa methods so can hit the ground running as and when they pop into the 1st team. My main concerns are whether we can somehow finance a package that will prise Ben White away from Brighton, I know Liverpool have been sniffing around and no doubt a few more Prem clubs so it's not going to be easy and secondly whether we can find a replacement for Pablo. We must definately need another play maker.

Had to do this

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "At times"? Apart from getting the ground back, Radrizzanis wheeler-dealing on TV rights, and the appointment of Bielsa (which I know I disagreed with, and still have reservations about how stubborn he is, was probably the best we could have hoped for), I don't know of a significant decision that the board have made that has proved to be the right one, as opposed to Bielsa and the playing staff who at least get on and does (and in fairness Bielsa is probably right more than he is wrong, just a stubborn mule at times).
    Your glass isn't even half full its nearly empty!
    I suppose you would have Colin back

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Hmmmn you are beginning to sound like Donald Trump. No regard to facts or what you may have said before.

Somewhat ironic that whilst you don’t like people commenting on what you say unless in full agreement with you that now you tell people not to comment on Bamford.

What would you like to discuss the aesthetic qualities of this seasons kits?
    Develop the ability to sense irony in a post?

If Bamford f00ks up, (fortunately he didnt yesterday!) I expect he will be subject to criticism and I imagine I'll be in there. The point I was making (clearly lost on you) was that compared to the £4m we have already spent on the lumbering clod from Liepzig, and the commitment we still appear to be under to buy said lump for £18m, Bamford was a snip at £7m (plus add-ons to £10m) and very much earns his wages which are considerably lower than our dear (temporarily?) departed supposed striker, who clearly hasn't been given wings despite his associated with RB Leipzig.

That being so, I suggested (with a clearly unrecognised note of irony) that perhaps, as many posters seemed resigned to the spen on JKA and the prospect of a lot more being spent without any clear idea as to whether he will ever play for us, that we should stop criticing Bamford, who does at least play, stays fit, and scores occasionally, got that, pumpkin?

Btw, as for people commenting on what I say, happy for that to happen, and to respond if I see fit, isn't that what discussion on a forum is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by ahgoon View Post
    Your glass isn't even half full its nearly empty!
    I suppose you would have Colin back
    Please do articulate what you think have been major positive decisions by the board in the last two years?

As for having Warnock back, if we were facing relegation, as he seems to have a penchant for lifting that type of club away from the drop, maybe. As we're not in that unhappy position, no, he can stay at Boro.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)