+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Hong Kong

O/T Hong Kong

China has taken full control over Hong Kong violating the treaty they signed when we handed it over to China. In a latest development yesterday China made it illegal for pro democracy to protest, and now China is locking them up by the dozens.

Boris good old bojo has retaliated by giving British citizenship to 2-3 million Hong Kong citizens

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.c...ntl/index.html

Favourite pm in my lifetime

Boris
    Blair
    Brown
    Major
    May
    Thatcher
    Cameron
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-07-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    China has taken full control over Hong Kong violating the treaty they signed when we handed it over to China. In a latest development yesterday China made it illegal for pro democracy to protest, and now China is locking them up by the dozens.

Boris good old bojo has retaliated by giving British citizenship to 2-3 million Hong Kong citizens

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.c...ntl/index.html

Favourite pm in my lifetime

Boris
    Blair
    Brown
    Major
    May
    Thatcher
    Cameron
    Well done the Chinese we need a similar law here.

Beware of the little yellow men.

We don't really have the room (or the jobs) but it's the right thing to do.

Most of the wealthier Hong Kong people have already left, mainly for Vancouver, so it's students and older people so I think the idea of rebuilding Hong Kong in the UK is somewhat far-fetched.
    Last edited by great_fire; 01-07-2020 at 01:10 PM.

A big brain drain from Honk Kong to Britain. They're traditionally a nation which hold respect in high regard.

Boris had to do this and did it straight away and Britain will benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    We don't really have the room (or the jobs) but it's the right thing to do.

Most of the wealthier Hong Kong people have already left, mainly for Vancouver, so it's students and older people so I think the idea of rebuilding Hong Kong in the UK is somewhat far-fetched.
    Won’t rebuild it in U.K. unless they put em all on lose if white (or not so black) 😂

Seriously I get what you mean but you can’t leave them there and in long run they will benefit the U.K. and who knows we may get a extra bank holiday for Chinese New Year

Now that’s what I call a true Chinese take away 😆

Most won't come here anyway, they prefer Canada and want to stay in the Pacific area.

Plus they have rent controlled flats there for £50 a week and don't want to give them up.

...we should cut all ties with China, and all contracts where they are involved, they're bad news all round.

Suppose this is evidence our Imperial history is not a think of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Suppose this is evidence our Imperial history is not a think of the past.
    Sweden and Switzerland have the highest number of immigrants in Europe per population, neither had empires and stayed neutral in recent conflicts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast