+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hastie return?

Hastie return?

Rumour mill in the media is strongly hinting that Jake Hastie could be returning to Fir Park on a season long loan deal

Urrrrrrrrrrrrgh, that'll be a hard one to get behind...until he starts banging them in at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Urrrrrrrrrrrrgh, that'll be a hard one to get behind...until he starts banging them in at least.
    Agreed. Can’t imagine this will be welcomed at all by fans and who knows how some players might take it.
    IMO the kid burned that bridge down.

I'm wary of taking players on loan from other top flight clubs but I'd be for this one. Put it this way, compared to our other wide options, Hylton and in particular Seedorf then Hastie would be a major upgrade.

I would take him back as I suspect Robbo could get him back on track to improve his game and while Rangers might benefit if that happened, we would certainly benefit while we had him. I was not happy that he left for Rangers on a compensation fee rather than signing a contract and then leaving and earning us more money, but from his point of view he did the right thing - hit a purple patch, get a chance to triple your salary ( or more) - vast majority of people in any form of employment would do the same. If he does return then it shows a bit of character by him as he knows he will get some stick, but I would just like to see more of what he showed he can do while wearing a’Well jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    I would take him back as I suspect Robbo could get him back on track to improve his game and while Rangers might benefit if that happened, we would certainly benefit while we had him. I was not happy that he left for Rangers on a compensation fee rather than signing a contract and then leaving and earning us more money, but from his point of view he did the right thing - hit a purple patch, get a chance to triple your salary ( or more) - vast majority of people in any form of employment would do the same. If he does return then it shows a bit of character by him as he knows he will get some stick, but I would just like to see more of what he showed he can do while wearing a’Well jersey.
    It's the way things are nowadays. I actually thought that he had gone off the boil a bit - defences had started to combat his favoured moves, and I agree that being back at our place will probably help his game. If he can rediscover his aptitude for cutting in on to his left foot and rifling shots into the top corner I'll put my unease on the back burner.

What's to lose is my shout? If he comes back, hits the road running and bangs in a few goals - huzzah!

If he's pi5h, we close the re-opened door, and he slopes back to Greyskull (provided we structure the terms to include a 'not fit for purpose' clause).

Seempils !?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)