+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PNE this afternoon.

PNE this afternoon.

They seem to have struggled since the return from lockdown and Nugent looked about as much use against Cardiff as he did for us last season.
    Probably a cue for a return to form inspired by a hat trick from you know who.
    Wisdom will be a huge loss, bigger than Lawrence imo, but we’ll see.
    Hope we’re not distracted by the upcoming derby.
    Expecting 1-1 which won’t be all bad if we can avoid any further injuries or suspensions.

When did Nugent ever not score against us for PNE?!

Remember going up to PNE on new years day in the promotion season, long way but a good day. The trip to Sunderland a few weeks later really wasn't!

I've no idea what to expect, losing Wisdom is a big loss. Missing Lawrence isn't great either as he's been in good form this year, but at least we can use Knight or Holmes in some sort of cover. All up to Cocu to be inventive I suppose!

I'm going for a 1-0 victory, out of blind hope than any tangable thought process.

anyone noticed weve scored?

Could easily be 0-2 and them down to ten men.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    When did Nugent ever not score against us for PNE?!
    Wednesday 1st July 2020.

Mind you...you’ve still got the score right..

Well I don't like to brag but...

Could only catch the 1st half so don't know how we played 2nd half, but a clean sheet has got to be a good sign considering we had a different back 4 again.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Well I don't like to brag but...

Could only catch the 1st half so don't know how we played 2nd half, but a clean sheet has got to be a good sign considering we had a different back 4 again.
    Adi not so good second half ,bit like last Saturday but never really in any trouble Thought Bird and Clarke are very good George Evans played well ,impressed with his passing What we do lack is pace in the break . Looks like Bogles season is over We definitely deserved to win but Preston were very poor imo. Tougher tests coming up

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Adi not so good second half ,bit like last Saturday but never really in any trouble Thought Bird and Clarke are very good George Evans played well ,impressed with his passing What we do lack is pace in the break . Looks like Bogles season is over We definitely deserved to win but Preston were very poor imo. Tougher tests coming up
    Got to be happy with a win at Preston, and so onto the next game!

Bossed the 1st half and deserved more than that one delightful free kick goal from Rooney. Some of the play was sublime. Less individual errors and less giving the ball away.

With regard to the free kick, I didn't think it was one. The standing on Sibley in the aftermath was just that, not a stamp and not, IMO, done on purpose.

2nd half they played better than we did, however, I never had the feeling that they would score. Their only genuine shot on target was straight at Hamer. The only two times I felt uncomfortable were the 2 occasions when the ball was bouncing around in our box. We don't seem able to get it away at times.

92nd minute I was screaming at Coldplay to shoot. We broke, Bird passed to Martin in the centre circle, their keeper was 40 yards upfield, the goal empty. All he had to do was open up his body and shoot into the empty net. Instead he gave Max a return pass and Max had a go but out it just wide, having to shoot quickly as he had PNE players closing in. Was CM trying to set Max up for his 1st goal? Commendable but at 0-1 and 4 minutes to go he should have put it away himself. Had it been 0-2 or better then giving Max a go would have been chivalrous. As it was I feel it was a gamble.

Biggest worry was Bogle's injury. There didn't seem to be any (significant) contact and I fear ligament problems which might even end his season.

Hamer - one shot to save and that was straight at him
    Bogle - another decent game up to his injury
    Evans - committed too early once on the halfway line and Nuge headed on well but the attack was stopped. Played well.
    Clarke - Solid as ever
    Lowe - Played well both defensively and offensively
    Bird - Good game
    Rooney - almost back to his best. Brilliant FK for the goal
    Holmes - played well
    Sibley - another good game AND he kept his head
    Knight - not as influential as earlier in the season but still a good performance
    Waghorn - forced a very good save early doors and a good performance

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Bossed the 1st half and deserved more than that one delightful free kick goal from Rooney. Some of the play was sublime. Less individual errors and less giving the ball away.

With regard to the free kick, I didn't think it was one. The standing on Sibley in the aftermath was just that, not a stamp and not, IMO, done on purpose.

2nd half they played better than we did, however, I never had the feeling that they would score. Their only genuine shot on target was straight at Hamer. The only two times I felt uncomfortable were the 2 occasions when the ball was bouncing around in our box. We don't seem able to get it away at times.

92nd minute I was screaming at Coldplay to shoot. We broke, Bird passed to Martin in the centre circle, their keeper was 40 yards upfield, the goal empty. All he had to do was open up his body and shoot into the empty net. Instead he gave Max a return pass and Max had a go but out it just wide, having to shoot quickly as he had PNE players closing in. Was CM trying to set Max up for his 1st goal? Commendable but at 0-1 and 4 minutes to go he should have put it away himself. Had it been 0-2 or better then giving Max a go would have been chivalrous. As it was I feel it was a gamble.

Biggest worry was Bogle's injury. There didn't seem to be any (significant) contact and I fear ligament problems which might even end his season.

Hamer - one shot to save and that was straight at him
    Bogle - another decent game up to his injury
    Evans - committed too early once on the halfway line and Nuge headed on well but the attack was stopped. Played well.
    Clarke - Solid as ever
    Lowe - Played well both defensively and offensively
    Bird - Good game
    Rooney - almost back to his best. Brilliant FK for the goal
    Holmes - played well
    Sibley - another good game AND he kept his head
    Knight - not as influential as earlier in the season but still a good performance
    Waghorn - forced a very good save early doors and a good performance

MA but bleak down the right without Wiz and Bogle suppose Lowe will have to play even though he can neither tackle or cross with his right foot By the way Huntingdon walk in Sibleys leg was a red all day long ,there was nothing accidental about it When you watch the video he tries to get with his left misses then makes sure with his right Poor ref miss quite a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)