+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O the OLIE kOKI from the U23/SQUAD...

O the OLIE kOKI from the U23/SQUAD...

Another one, refusing to sign,.Apparently would rather take his chances in the lower leagues ,..Been on the bench a couple of times,...But Good Luck to him,..Cannot Fault a player for wanting to play!!!
    Was he good enough, We will never Know, But 10 goals for the U23/s ,...for a Defender,...Sounds like a Dyche kind of player to me !!

We must have SO much Talent, it"s unreal,...Oh hang on, We had 7/8 fit players against Palace,..,
    Yea still won, But DO NOT COUNT ON THAT EVERY WEEK,,..Players pulling together , They will only take So much Bullsh1t

He played on the wing quite a lot for the underdevelopment squad so I guess he got most of his goals there.

But yeah, you can't blame the lad at all when he can play left wing and we play one of our full backs ahead of him.

I guess being the prem just harms youth development though, each place being worth so much money.

"underdevelopment squad"

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "underdevelopment squad"

I like it!
    Well that's one name for it 59/Anti.

I still think spending money on youth development is flushing money down the toilet. For it to be of any benefit whatsoever we have to bring through at least one PL player per season, and if we do that over the next ten years I'll show my arse in Burton's window.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I still think spending money on youth development is flushing money down the toilet. For it to be of any benefit whatsoever we have to bring through at least one PL player per season, and if we do that over the next ten years I'll show my arse in Burton's window.
    A lot will depend on whether or not we keep SD because this is his big project. He knows that for a club like ours this has to be the way forward, as it was in his time at Watford.
    I think that he really wanted to develop things when we won promotion and he was more than happy for money to go into this project.
    It takes time to build things up again, however, as someone who has been to watch quite a number of Youth and Development games, I really feel that we are making progress and that the quality of players has got better over the years. Only time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Agreed, but it seems there's no going back now. The club will soon be pushing for cat 1. I hope we're wrong and we can produce some gems!

Doing well on loan at Swindon is one thing, securing a berth in an elite EPL squad quite another.

Developing young players is a numbers game and if you don't play it you can't win it.

I very much believe that is the way forward for us as a Club,I can't see another way other than a takeover,which I am totally against.

As and when we sell McNeil I think that may cover the cost of Barnfield.Kids go to Man U and 99.9% of the time they end up disappointed,they will have a better chance with us.

I was surprised the kid did not get anywhere near even a couple of cameo appearances with the first team squad.

I saw him a couple of seasons ago and I thought he looked a better prospect than McNeil, but then again I know the square root of phuck all about football...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)