+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Covid - 19 Barnsley Hotspot .

O/T Covid - 19 Barnsley Hotspot .

Just to let everyone know we have one of the highest infection rates in the country .

There's a strong possibility we could be facing local lockdown as Leicester are experiencing right now .

Keep safe everyone .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-and-rochdale

Bradford and Barnsley top infected in Yorkshire per 100 people as regards Barnsley it doesn't surprise me, even in lockdown it was flaunted by brain deaders and now with easing pubs,shops etc. Get ready

Went to Asda the other day and was gobsmacked.

Folk blatantly ignoring the one way system wondering up and down the aisles and across the store with no regard to other people. There were no Asda staff patrolling to remind people of the need to distance. Timebomb!

I wont be going again. No wonder the town is at the top of this league table.

Meanwhile, without any significant news profile, 155 was the UK reported death number yesterday and 179 today taking the death total to nearly 44,000.

I bet the correct figure is 50,000 they're just making their graphs look better

Pubs shouldn't be opening in barnsley this weekend with an infection rate so high .

Mental if they do .

Mrs works in Barnsley social services. Been told by their bosses defo not going into lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Mrs works in Barnsley social services. Been told by their bosses defo not going into lockdown.
    My partners just come home from work and she's on the desk in social care and they've had an email saying the same .

We will see how this plays out but I wouldn't be going in a pub this weekend if it was a penny a pint .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Meanwhile, without any significant news profile, 155 was the UK reported death number yesterday and 179 today taking the death total to nearly 44,000.
    What is getting played out here is the post covid - 19 period by the government .

Despite the virus is still very much amongst us , no vaccination and as Mr Starmer pointed out at PMQ's today a track , trace and isolate system that is simply not fit for purpose .

Johnson's sick of all the shyte news and has washed his hands off it and it's local councils problem now .

He's decided to wear a hard hat complete with hi viz jacket and switch to the Build , Build , Build mode , he's more comfortable with that side of the job , the one that feeds his ego that is .

As a former Tory minister said yesterday , he's always wanted to be PM and he wants to be remembered as a PM , it's the bit actually doing the job he struggles with .

Johnson ezza Tourette's tick constantly puttin a pen in his suit inside pocket and the tekkin it art ageean, and then purrin it back in ageean.