+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wigan's woes.......

Wigan's woes.......

I am surprised that dave whelan flogged off his club to a Hong Kong company when he spent so much money building it up. the hong Kong co really did not care about his club or the pies. they were a good club , beat us in the 2013 FA Cup semi final. So having gone into administration they will have 12 points deducted, but which division, who know's.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    I am surprised that dave whelan flogged off his club to a Hong Kong company when he spent so much money building it up. the hong Kong co really did not care about his club or the pies. they were a good club , beat us in the 2013 FA Cup semi final. So having gone into administration they will have 12 points deducted, but which division, who know's.
    Whelan put in over 100m into this club and it was all his own money. Very sad indeed. The gov want to bailout branson and his airlines etc but everyone's suffering if they are following the rules set down.
    I think money in todays market is seemingly mythical to the ones on top

Evening all,
    other clubs have suffered a similiar fate why should they be any different?
    sad? yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Evening all,
    other clubs have suffered a similiar fate why should they be any different?
    sad? yes indeed!
    Totally agree John. I know the covid situation hasnt helped. But clubs keep spending beyond their means . Apparently the new owners haven't put a single penny into the club. Why buy a club if your not willing to invest.? Its same as my club. On.paper our owners are minted but all they care about is stripping the club of its assets.

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Totally agree John. I know the covid situation hasnt helped. But clubs keep spending beyond their means . Apparently the new owners haven't put a single penny into the club. Why buy a club if your not willing to invest.? Its same as my club. On.paper our owners are minted but all they care about is stripping the club of its assets.
    wotcha
    fella, for me personally its a shame when clubs you regard as traditional get wiped out and lost due to misrepresentation, ( ie dodgy owners)!
    not personally a whippet shagging fan but you have to feel for the true supporters!
    stay safe now
    john.

Very strange indeed Donny,he buys the club for god knows how much and let's them go into admin straight away..very sad indeed. One thing I do know is the rugby league fans will be enjoying this after the way the football club treated them over the ground sharing..

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    wotcha
    fella, for me personally its a shame when clubs you regard as traditional get wiped out and lost due to misrepresentation, ( ie dodgy owners)!
    not personally a whippet shagging fan but you have to feel for the true supporters!
    stay safe now
    john.
    Dont knock the whippet shagging mate must be better than an old seaman you picked up at the docks 🤣

I don't have a lot of respect for wigan fc as they are not a "traditional" club, they've only been in the league since '78, their support is traditionally crap because wigan is primarily a rugby town and until Whelan threw money at the club they were nothing.
    That said, I do feel sorry for their few loyal supporters, but have no sympathy for any club that goes into administration due to poor management of finances, it's only 7 years ago they were in the top flight and they would have had a massive parachute payment that they have probably wasted.
    Call me old fashioned, but I have a lot more feeling and sympathy for Bolton who have gone through a similar experience.

Dont knock the whippet shagging mate must be better than an old seaman you picked up at the docks 🤣
    who said he was old?

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamjohn View Post
    who said he was old?;d
    alf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast