+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose off to St Mirren????

No we'd probably have O'Brien and Doyle here.

We need to move forward with younger and players with more hunger who are on the up its something that drives me mad with this club in the last decade.

I think with the Danes here they wont go down the route of old journeymen/injury prone/meal ticket signings.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    No we'd probably have O'Brien and Doyle here.

We need to move forward with younger and players with more hunger who are on the up its something that drives me mad with this club in the last decade.

I think with the Danes here they wont go down the route of old journeymen/injury prone/meal ticket signings.
    Good

He's been a massive dissapointment this season imo, the way he played last year in League 2 I expected him to carry on playing like that and be one of the better midfielders in this division, instead it seemed like he bulked up over pre season and it made him a lot slower in pretty much everything he does on the pitch, he tries to hold players off and gets caught in possesion far too often when if he just stuck to the basics he was doing last year he'd probably be much better.

It'd be a shame to lose him because there's a good player in there, he provides cover for right back (although with Brindley and DKE we're pretty set) and his long throw is a useful weapon but based on how he's performed this season it wouldn't be a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    If Rose does go how about O'connor in central mid
    Des or Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Des or Tom?
    Sinéad

Looks like he's not heading off to Scotland then. Latest per the Daily Record.

"The Buddies are also understood to have missed out on Notts County midfielder Mitch Rose. The midfielder considered an offer but has decided to turn that down for family reasons."

But not decided to sign a new contract at Notts either (if one's been offered?).

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    Looks like he's not heading off to Scotland then. Latest per the Daily Record.

"The Buddies are also understood to have missed out on Notts County midfielder Mitch Rose. The midfielder considered an offer but has decided to turn that down for family reasons."

But not decided to sign a new contract at Notts either (if one's been offered?).
    Or it was just paper talk?

Possibly, but a bit random if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Or it was just paper talk?
    It's a no go.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...h-rose-4288158

The squad can do without this type of distraction.

I'd like to see him stay - he's an asset in NL/L2. Without players like him, Roberts, Enzio etc will not get a chance to show what they can do. It's not as easy to get players like Rose as you'd think. Remember how it took years to get a player like Ravenhill and there have been other big gaps after that.
    Doyle's 39 next month, O'Brien 33 the month after, and has been through the wars. Rose is still only 25 with his best years ahead of him. His ball retention/passing completion rate can improve. Try to keep him, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's a no go.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...h-rose-4288158

The squad can do without this type of distraction.

I'd like to see him stay - he's an asset in NL/L2. Without players like him, Roberts, Enzio etc will not get a chance to show what they can do. It's not as easy to get players like Rose as you'd think. Remember how it took years to get a player like Ravenhill and there have been other big gaps after that.
    Doyle's 39 next month, O'Brien 33 the month after, and has been through the wars. Rose is still only 25 with his best years ahead of him. His ball retention/passing completion rate can improve. Try to keep him, I say.
    Says everything you need to know about the standard of football north of the border if a National league player turns down 'premiership football'!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast