Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
It's a no go.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...h-rose-4288158

The squad can do without this type of distraction.

I'd like to see him stay - he's an asset in NL/L2. Without players like him, Roberts, Enzio etc will not get a chance to show what they can do. It's not as easy to get players like Rose as you'd think. Remember how it took years to get a player like Ravenhill and there have been other big gaps after that.
Doyle's 39 next month, O'Brien 33 the month after, and has been through the wars. Rose is still only 25 with his best years ahead of him. His ball retention/passing completion rate can improve. Try to keep him, I say.
He's been distinctly below the standard of other midfield players. I hear people saying he works hard. That's nonsense. He should work hard at his technique. His body shape when he passes is often poor, and is why he misdirects passes. He was less mobile this year and has a tendancy to wait for the ball to arrive and preference to use his strength (he bulked up in the summer) to hold players off instead of moving towards it and keeping the ball moving.
Piss poor medium long throw that is dying by the time it reaches the corner of the 6 yard box was about it. Definitely not the player he was the end of the previous season.
I would be unhappy if he was still here next year.