+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose off to St Mirren????

Rose off to St Mirren????

According to the Daily Record St Mirren are "working on a number of targets this week including ....... out of contract Notts County midfielder Mitch Rose".

For me he disappointed for most of the campaign, particularly with some heart in mouth moments due to his loose passing, so I'm not too bothered if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    According to the Daily Record St Mirren are "working on a number of targets this week including ....... out of contract Notts County midfielder Mitch Rose".

For me he disappointed for most of the campaign, particularly with some heart in mouth moments due to his loose passing, so I'm not too bothered if this is true.
    I have to agree. Assuming Doyle remains, we still have O'Brien, Booty and Crawford as more than able replacements. We also have excellent wide men to complement the centre midfield. I really like our squad right now!

He's one that would leave with my best wishes, never gave anything less than 100%. I have felt he hasn't had a great season though and think we could find a suitable replacement without too much stress.

Booty still has a lot to prove for me though, he never looked in proper shape to me. Center Mid is a position I feel we need to strengthen.

Goes to show the quality of the Scottish Premiership if Mitch Rose of non league Notts County is one of their summer targets, hahaha!!!

I was hoping for more from him than I saw and wouldn't be bothered if he went. It always felt like he was living of his brothers talent.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Goes to show the quality of the Scottish Premiership if Mitch Rose of non league Notts County is one of their summer targets, hahaha!!!

I was hoping for more from him than I saw and wouldn't be bothered if he went. It always felt like he was living of his brothers talent.
    Think that's a bit unfair, he always looked fully committed to me. You can't really criticize for a lack of talent, he's doing the best he can with what he has. Good luck to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Think that's a bit unfair, he always looked fully committed to me. You can't really criticize for a lack of talent, he's doing the best he can with what he has. Good luck to the guy.
    Same here, TSANHO. He's a worker who puts into effort and energy what he lacks in talent. There are many such footballers in the lower leagues but that doesn't mean this one isn't useful in a Notts team. Even the Great Wall of China had hod carriers.

I've got a slightly more positive view of Mitch Rose than some. I think he's one of those "bread and butter" players who does a lot of work that is effective for the team but relatively unnoticed, because the benefit is gleaned by others, whereas the odd mistakes Rose makes are more easily picked up (and picked on). He's not irreplaceable by any means, and if he would rather go and play in the SPL then we should let him do so, but I don't think we should dismiss his contribution.

He would be loss he is obviously a key player as when fit he is always selected.

Can play in a few positions too and his skill set is ideal for NL / LG2.

Just lifted this from one of my stats databases, thought it might be interesting for those comparing Rose to others . . .
    Name:  ncm_stats_rose.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  21.2 KB

Only Enzio played more minutes than Rose this season. The above doesn't really take into consideration his defensive impact although I can tell you he contributed towards 13 clean sheets. I know not everyone agreed with it but when I did the player ratings which calculated all contributions for the season Rose came in 4th place.

I find him frustrating at times but I do believe alot of his work goes unnoticed by many.

If Rose does go how about O'connor in central mid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast