+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ok how many of you are going to the pub this week-end.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Can't understant the Jaeger thing. In the early 70's in germany. It was in most bars, but was mainly a one drink hangover cure.
    Its popular in Hungary, neat as a sipping drink, although you do see people calling in bars for a quick one knocking it back and going.
    There's a Hungarian drink, Unicum that's very similar but a bit more bitter, and very much an acquired taste.

As regards this weekend, as with pretty much everybody else I'm not going to be bothering, mainly think it will be carnage in some places and not worth the hassle.

I do wonder how stringent this name and address taking will be and whether that might put a few people off.

I can just imagine a lot of the young 'uns just giving any old address, so kind of loses its effectiveness anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Its popular in Hungary, neat as a sipping drink, although you do see people calling in bars for a quick one knocking it back and going.
    There's a Hungarian drink, Unicum that's very similar but a bit more bitter, and very much an acquired taste.

As regards this weekend, as with pretty much everybody else I'm not going to be bothering, mainly think it will be carnage in some places and not worth the hassle.

I do wonder how stringent this name and address taking will be and whether that might put a few people off.

I can just imagine a lot of the young 'uns just giving any old address, so kind of loses its effectiveness anyway
    All you get from politicians is that they are relying on the common sense of the British public, we've seen a few samples of that recently so I won't hold my breath.

Survey says that most people aren't going, which means the pubs might not be too crowded, which means it might be worth going, unless too many people have the same idea

In 95%+ of venues it will go ok.

In 5% or less it won't

Guess which of those the tv reports will concentrate on?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Can't understant the Jaeger thing. In the early 70's in germany. It was in most bars, but was mainly a one drink hangover cure.
    Clever marketing as it wasn’t shifting.

Couldn’t sell a drop of magners in England until they started advertising it with ice.

And Magners is still ****

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    And Magners is still ****
    But yes your right, clever marketing

My village local is open and will be safe I reckon. Will be there for a long waited pint of Black Sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    2tbsp of bourbon,6tbspbrown sugar,3tbspvinegar,1tbsb black treacle,1garlic clove,3tbsp mild mustard,dash of Worcester sauce,mix it all up pour it on to some beef ribs in fridge over night jobs a gooden.
    1 bottle of rhubarb gin and tip the Bourbon down the sink.

Who’s in pub? Gone quiet on here

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast