+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NL final to be played at Wembley

NL final to be played at Wembley

BREAKING:

The National League playoff final will take place at Wembley Stadium this year.

The game is set to take place on Sunday 2nd August at 3pm.

It will be behind closed doors.

BT Sport will broadcast the final, as well as the other 4 National League playoff games.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/st...46162443165696
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 02-07-2020 at 11:45 AM.

I was told this morning that Skybet has Harrowgate as favorites to go up, so Notts players have the incentives of playing and winning at Wembley and proving the bookies wrong.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 02-07-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I was told this morning that Skybet has Harrowgate as favorites to go up, so Notts players have the incentives of playing and winning at Wembley and proving the bookies wrong.
    Cal Roberts and Enzio should have a field day with the amount of space there would be on Wembleys pitch.

ML is one of the bigger pitches in the National League and look at our record at home. Let’s hope we perform in the Semi and make sure we save our best til last.

Also I would like to add that football needs to think about games being played with limited numbers in attendance. There is no reason why this final couldn’t have 7500-10000 of each teams support in attendance at a 90000 seated stadium.
    This morning I watched the Australian Rugby League game where fans were in limited attendance. There looked to be a couple of thousand that all socially distanced properly where families sat together and others sat more than the recommended 2m away. It looked like every other row was left empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Also I would like to add that football needs to think about games being played with limited numbers in attendance. There is no reason why this final couldn’t have 7500-10000 of each teams support in attendance at a 90000 seated stadium.
    This morning I watched the Australian Rugby League game where fans were in limited attendance. There looked to be a couple of thousand that all socially distanced properly where families sat together and others sat more than the recommended 2m away. It looked like every other row was left empty.
    I was thinking exactly the same when I watched the Northampton v Exeter final. You could have pretty much gotten all of both clubs S/T holders in their and had social distancing. I accept there may have been some issues getting in and out and T bars and toilets but I'm sure that could have been sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Absolutely. We go to work, catch trains and buses, go leisure shopping and from Saturday the pub with distances down to 1m and If it's the right kind of protest fill your boots.
    Why on earth we can't fit our standard home crowd in that cavern along with Harrogates 1,100 I've no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    BREAKING:

The National League playoff final will take place at Wembley Stadium this year.
    Got to do something to justify its existence!