+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crikey

Crikey

The club have accounts for 2018-19. Anyway, Paul Barry the owner has paid into the club a million pounds. Back then you could be a pro footballer in div 4 , i cant call it div2 and get paid handsomely for being not much better than a southern league player.

Barry is covering the expense of the current holiday period.

Not only is he covering the shortfall of the mismanagement over many years, eg George,etc, but is investing new money. I dont really know how to take it. My first impulse is to be cynical, there must be more to it.

But there isnt. United are a dead end club with nowhere to go. Of all the complaints i have about watching United , it is indeed a tedious and hopeless endeavor, he tolerates that, then puts money in. The Shaun Derrys of this world etc doesnt pull him down.

He says he loves the club, that must be the truth. I hope he isnt using money that he hasnt got, because i wonder if a doctor needs to be called. Looking at it from a benevolent perspective there is the Histon thing.

When they nose dived the board decided to let the club sink to its proper level, which is now the bottom rung of the southern league. Someone should have a word in Barrys ear. One million is the start. Let it go, spend your money on maseratis.

Uniteds true level is the conference. Always has been, with occasional trips into the league.

Tracey of Fowlmere.

He's probably bent Frank. They all are.

There'll be a catch.

Yes you are right. There is a new ground apparently, i wonder who the owner will be, the council or Barry. Cambridge is booming, and will continue to boom, the population will grow, as will Anglias. There will be a lot of fans in there. Im sure hes looking at it as an investment, he has said he would sell if a big buyer came in. Im sure he has another backer.

Altruism does exist, thanks for reminding me that it is a rare commodity.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)