+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights games

Last five minutes and Villa still lead.

Four mins extra time. 4 minutes for us to be certain of finishing no lower than 7th.

A helping hand from Villa. They could yet escape.

Well done the Villa. Don't like Grealish but you can't ignore the job he did tonight, single handedley [?, by himself!] dragged his team to the finish line. Very impressive performance.

Good for everybody if the Villa stay up and the Baggies get promoted. Feel good effect for the whole of the midlands, good for the pubs, good for small businesses generally and of course plenty of crap to throw at each following the games.

What's to complain about!

Well after last nights results, the last minute goal that Sheffield scored and the ridiculous penalty at Burnley, have prevented us having the chance to finish 3rd. I know that you can look back at other results earlier in the season, eg Spurs last minute winner, but it is frustrating nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Well after last nights results, the last minute goal that Sheffield scored and the ridiculous penalty at Burnley, have prevented us having the chance to finish 3rd. I know that you can look back at other results earlier in the season, eg Spurs last minute winner, but it is frustrating nevertheless.
    Yep. I feel especially upset about the Burnley match. Ridiculous penalty to give IMO. Sheffield goal only cost us a point, and the Burnley match cost us two. Although if we had all three of those, we’d at least not have to worry at all about losing Europa League and could go for the win. But you gotta take care of your own business I suppose and not leave it to the referees or other teams.

All in all, we had a chance to fight for a Champions League spot. I would have never guessed that a couple years ago, let alone 5,10 years ago.

Really underwhelming race for the final automatic spot in the Championship. West Brom lost to Huddersfield and drew QPR. All Brentford needed to do was beat one of Stoke and Barnsley. Couldn’t do it! Now they’re stuck in the playoffs and West Brom kept their auto spot despite only getting 3 points from their final 12!

But now we’ve got Swansea v Brentford and Cardiff v Fulham. Would be interesting to have an all-Wales final. But I think I’ll be rooting for Brentford as they haven’t been in the top division since 1947. I like when we get new faces in the Prem.

Relegation race will be fun on the last day as well. Bournemouth can stay up with a win as long as Villa and Watford both lose, but that seems unlikely. Villa and Watford are even on points, so whoever wins by the most on Sunday would stay up. I think Watford are capable of scoring more goals, but they host Arsenal and Villa go to West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Well after last nights results, the last minute goal that Sheffield scored and the ridiculous penalty at Burnley, have prevented us having the chance to finish 3rd...
    Hey Abbo mate, tahh for your decent comments about us Barnsley Tykes.

FA Cup Final today. Arsenal could extend their all time FA Cup title lead or Chelsea could pull within one of double digits.

Christian Pulisic would be only the second American to win the FA Cup, I believe, if Chelsea prevails today. The other was Tim Howard for ManU in 2004.

If Chelsea win, we would be in Europa League next year as well. If Arsenal win, no continental football for us.

And just like that Pulisic scores! Good news for us so far. 0-1 Chelsea, 9’ in

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)