+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tonights games

Terrible officiating. What’s the point of VAR when they use it in the wrong situations and ignore it when it’s needed?

Official must have been tired. Injuries took up about 10 minutes of stoppage time, they restart for a minute and he calls the game

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    With less than ten minutes to go, it looks as if we are just going to have to win the Europa League to qualify for Europe now.
    Extra incentive now I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Extra incentive now I hope!
    I think I’d rather have Europa League than nothing, but at the same time, it’s a lot of extra games. And Jimenez, Coady, Doherty, Boly etc have played a lot of matches over the past couple seasons. I think playing a third straight year with none of them facing severe injuries is asking a lot of ourselves. So no Europa League next year means fewer games, fresher players and maybe making a real run at the top 4 next year.

Now if we win Europa League, I will gladly take continental footy next year

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I think I’d rather have Europa League than nothing, but at the same time, it’s a lot of extra games. And Jimenez, Coady, Doherty, Boly etc have played a lot of matches over the past couple seasons. I think playing a third straight year with none of them facing severe injuries is asking a lot of ourselves. So no Europa League next year means fewer games, fresher players and maybe making a real run at the top 4 next year.

Now if we win Europa League, I will gladly take continental footy next year
    Too right, I’ll take Champions League football... win the Europa League and boy will we have earned it! Not sure we’re quite up to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Too right, I’ll take Champions League football... win the Europa League and boy will we have earned it! Not sure we’re quite up to it though.
    It’ll be a big ask. I think we can and should beat Olympiacos. After that, we face the winner of Roma and Sevilla - both great clubs - then we would have to beat two of ManU, Inter Milan, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg or others. But it’s single elimination so who knows!

Mich, while I agree about the players being fresher without the extra games, lack of European football has other implications. Some of our players may want European football next season and could be tempted away. Also prospective incomings may be put off, because we can not offer them what they want.

However, as it stands, it does open up the possibility of a good run in the League Cup if they hold it, and also the FA Cup. A trophy of some sort would be nice after all theses years.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Mich, while I agree about the players being fresher without the extra games, lack of European football has other implications. Some of our players may want European football next season and could be tempted away. Also prospective incomings may be put off, because we can not offer them what they want.

However, as it stands, it does open up the possibility of a good run in the League Cup if they hold it, and also the FA Cup. A trophy of some sort would be nice after all theses years.
    I think the three names to watch are Neves, Traore and Jimenez. The latter is 29 and this might be his last chance to play in Champions League or one of the big time clubs. I couldn’t criticize him if he moved on. But he also just had a kid and there’s a pandemic, so maybe he wont’ want to move during these circumstances? He’s also played 50+ matches each of the last three seasons. Traore is just starting to realize his potential but I think another season under Nuno will increase his stock even more. Neves, I’m not sure about. Didn’t have his best season but he’s still only 23. Could be interested in a new challenge.

I think it mostly affects our transfer business as we probably had a couple players lined up had we stayed in European competition.

Reading between the lines, Neves seems very happy at Wolves and living in Wolverhampton. I could see Jimenez moving on if a decent fee was on the table, rather him stay though. Adama, I can't see going, but sometimes money talks.

Fulham score just before the end of the first half of extra time. Brentford keeper caught sleeping as Joe Bryan scores on the near side on a fk

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)