+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear something up.

Just to clear something up.

Regarding Wilks.I've seen one or two mention the scandal of selling to a relegation rival but that's not quite true.
    When the January transfer window opened Hull City by virtue of beating Sheff.Wednesday on News Years Day had 40 points.I think they were top 6 or 7 in the league and I don't think we'd even reached 20 points at that stage.
    The loan arrangement with Hull City gave them the option of signing Wilks on a permanent basis.
    Since then Hull have managed to pick up 4 points including todays win. Unless someone has a crystal ball and forecast Hull to drop like a stone and be a relegation rival the club had every right to let a player leave who wasn't going to feature.
    Struber rightly praised his ability but also said his mentality was not the kind he wanted.
    Personally I liked Wilks but its the managers right to select the squad he wants.
    We might be cursing tonight but in fairness Hull have picked up 4 points since Wilks signed and once Hull activated there option to buy him there was not a thing BFC could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Regarding Wilks.I've seen one or two mention the scandal of selling to a relegation rival but that's not quite true.
    When the January transfer window opened Hull City by virtue of beating Sheff.Wednesday on News Years Day had 40 points.I think they were top 6 or 7 in the league and I don't think we'd even reached 20 points at that stage.
    The loan arrangement with Hull City gave them the option of signing Wilks on a permanent basis.
    Since then Hull have managed to pick up 4 points including todays win. Unless someone has a crystal ball and forecast Hull to drop like a stone and be a relegation rival the club had every right to let a player leave who wasn't going to feature.
    Struber rightly praised his ability but also said his mentality was not the kind he wanted.
    Personally I liked Wilks but its the managers right to select the squad he wants.
    We might be cursing tonight but in fairness Hull have picked up 4 points since Wilks signed and once Hull activated there option to buy him there was not a thing BFC could have done.
    The club gave him a four year deal , has Struber actually worked out yet that certain players need working on .

Sure let him go out on loan , no problem , part of the development if you will .

£1.2m and a four year deal ?

6 months later he's not got the right mentality , no shyte sherlock , weren't we familiar with his background when we signed him then ?

Of course we were .

Absolute joke of a club run by fecking w@nkers .

Bill

You've also got to factor in Winnall going to Wednesday when we were 7th in the Championship and they were a point better off than us in 6th .

Last season Isgrove was loaned to Portsmouth and Moncur was transferred to Luton , both direct promotion rivals .

Now this Wilks situation .

They are taking the fecking pyss out of you man .

Name me another club who have done the above ?

Name me one ?

He was a key element of the most successful transfer window in BFC history. Whether Hull had the right to convert his loan to permanent in view of the season end date changing or it had to be 30th June is irrelevant. The mistake was made either in initial bad recruitment or in not following the club policy and allowing a young player to develop.

The "one or two" is clearly yet another dig at me after your "disciples" dig the last time you posted on here. I am becoming worried for you about your developing obsession Bill.

Your post does not "clear things up". There is an element of doubt in this unusual season as to whether any conversion of loan to permanent which was intended to occur at the end of a season still applies when the season has not yet finished. I am convinced that had Hoss wished to frustrate Hull to deny a relegation rival his services he would have reverted to his usual legal challenge mode. I am convinced he just rolled over in order to get the money from Hull. I agree Hull were not rivals in January but my point is letting him go without a fight to our present relegation rivals.
    You may have sight of the contract which specifies it must be 30th June rather than what was stated in January that it would be until the end of the season. If so please quote the relevant section.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Bill

You've also got to factor in Winnall going to Wednesday when we were 7th in the Championship and they were a point better off than us in 6th .

Last season Isgrove was loaned to Portsmouth and Moncur was transferred to Luton , both direct promotion rivals .

Now this Wilks situation .

They are taking the fecking pyss out of you man .

Name me another club who have done the above ?

Name me one ?
    I can't think o any Animal.

The failure to sign a couple of experienced players last summer coupled with the outgoing transfers to promotion rivals that you mentioned just highlights the boards lack of footballing nouse. It's embarrassing and frankly that's being kind to them. I feel for our players. They've had a creditable 2nd half to the season and restored a fair bit of pride after the situation looked way beyond us before Christmas. Whether they can pull off the miracle escape remains to be seen but it won't be for the want of trying, they've given it everything they've got this season.

The club make it unnecessarily difficult and it has gone past doing my fecking nut in to be honest. Last season we got away with it which again was down to the players and Stendel getting the job done in the latter part of the season. The challenge is difficult enough without setting these ridiculous parameters or selling our head coach short. Naive decisions that are purely money orientated and clearly nowt to do with football. They'll not keep getting away with it, it'll come back to bite them at some point, it dunt tek a genius to come to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I can't think o any Animal.

The failure to sign a couple of experienced players last summer coupled with the outgoing transfers to promotion rivals that you mentioned just highlights the boards lack of footballing nouse. It's embarrassing and frankly that's being kind to them. I feel for our players. They've had a creditable 2nd half to the season and restored a fair bit of pride after the situation looked way beyond us before Christmas. Whether they can pull off the miracle escape remains to be seen but it won't be for the want of trying, they've given it everything they've got this season.

The club make it unnecessarily difficult and it has gone past doing my fecking nut in to be honest. Last season we got away with it which again was down to the players and Stendel getting the job done in the latter part of the season. The challenge is difficult enough without setting these ridiculous parameters or selling our head coach short. Naive decisions that are purely money orientated and clearly nowt to do with football. They'll not keep getting away with it, it'll come back to bite them at some point, it dunt tek a genius to come to that conclusion.
    Pass I'm playing their game now , young players no experience , develop them blah blah blah .

£1.2m , 4 year deal .

And they still feck it up .

Absolutely no intention of sticking to their own plan with Wilks once Hull were sniffing around with McCann who clearly believes in him .

Loan him out no problem but they've not done that have they ? , they've done a loan to buy agreement .

Struber doesn't think he's all that based on around 6 weeks under his management when you look in to it with a timeline .

Yet the kid in January had 3.5 years left remaining on his deal .

My point is the club can't have it both ways with this developing policy they robustly stick to .

Ain't a club I know that fecks themselves up so much or at least invites the possibility of fecking themselves up .

This time it might just do that , at a time when securing our championship status as never before being so important for the clubs financial health .

Absolute joke , it really is .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 03-07-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The "one or two" is clearly yet another dig at me after your "disciples" dig the last time you posted on here. I am becoming worried for you about your developing obsession Bill.

Your post does not "clear things up". There is an element of doubt in this unusual season as to whether any conversion of loan to permanent which was intended to occur at the end of a season still applies when the season has not yet finished. I am convinced that had Hoss wished to frustrate Hull to deny a relegation rival his services he would have reverted to his usual legal challenge mode. I am convinced he just rolled over in order to get the money from Hull. I agree Hull were not rivals in January but my point is letting him go without a fight to our present relegation rivals.
    You may have sight of the contract which specifies it must be 30th June rather than what was stated in January that it would be until the end of the season. If so please quote the relevant section.
    Your self importance knows no bounds.It wasn't a dig at you or anyone. I posted because some didn't seem to know what the deal consisted of.If Struber doesn't want or rate any player why should we be lumbered paying possibly 4/6k a week for a player to sit on his settee at home smoking whatever he was filmed smoking a few months ago.I know you don't like the owners I've no problem with that it's your choice but on this occasion surely they've acted on the fact the manager doesn't rate him rightly or wrongly .The deal was agreed in January not July .Transfers happen at every club but it seems are club are found to be wrong in everything they do and in my view that's got to be wrong.
    Stendel for example the once shining light at Oakwell took over a struggling team in Hearts and the first thing he did was to release 2 experienced club legends and replace one of them with a 20 year, old just what a relegation threatened team need.My point being all managers see things from a different perspective to us mere supporters.
    From a legal point of view I can't see what more the board could have done.

It's a pity our owners didn't listen to previous coaches about which players should be brought in or released/transferred.

I'll place the "self important" insult where it deserves to be placed.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-07-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Your self importance knows no bounds.It wasn't a dig at you or anyone. I posted because some didn't seem to know what the deal consisted of.If Struber doesn't want or rate any player why should we be lumbered paying possibly 4/6k a week for a player to sit on his settee at home smoking whatever he was filmed smoking a few months ago.I know you don't like the owners I've no problem with that it's your choice but on this occasion surely they've acted on the fact the manager doesn't rate him rightly or wrongly .The deal was agreed in January not July .Transfers happen at every club but it seems are club are found to be wrong in everything they do and in my view that's got to be wrong.
    Stendel for example the once shining light at Oakwell took over a struggling team in Hearts and the first thing he did was to release 2 experienced club legends and replace one of them with a 20 year, old just what a relegation threatened team need.My point being all managers see things from a different perspective to us mere supporters.
    From a legal point of view I can't see what more the board could have done.
    Your conveniently missing the point Bill .

In Wilks case they aren't sticking to what it says on the tin .

Develop young players .

The lad had history but we still paid £1.2m and gave him a 4 year deal .

A new HC comes in and after 6 weeks throws that policy under the bus with Wilks .

How many ways do you want to configure this ?

There comes a point if it's not working out that you cut your losses , no problem with that but that's not after 6 months in to a 4 year deal or on the say so of a HC after 6 weeks .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast