+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just to clear something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Since Struber took over it's 9 wins 5 draws and 10 defeats with the same players.
    Look at the league table Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Since Struber took over it's 9 wins 5 draws and 10 defeats with the same players.
    The thing that shafts them Steve is the transition to the Championship after the golden eggs have been sold .

It did for Hecky and it did for Stendel and it would have done for Struber too for the first 20 games .

It would properly do for Klopp and Pep at this club so I don't tend to be quite as harsh as yourself .

The only real failure the current ownership have had was Morais .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    just in the interests of factual accuracy your last post on here Bill was just 8 days ago (25-06-20) on the subject of the retained list where you stated about me--

"I'm of the opinion you don't like being challenged on your hatred of the owners and your fear of losing your disciples who nod at your every command"
    Only 8 days it seems like weeks ago.

The person who pushed for Wilks to be signed has now left the club .... along with Wilks

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The person who pushed for Wilks to be signed has now left the club .... along with Wilks
    In my opinion. He was signed, and they four he wasn’t a team player. More than one has seen it. He was shipped out when they found out he was a good buy. Th e. Decision to get summat for him was taken months ago. How much was irrelevant.
    He was probably a bad vibe. Yes, he could have stopped at home after recall, and not featured for Us, or come to the ground, but the decision was taken, and once the option was given, it can’t be recalled ( I assume). Good or bad from the boards or our point of now,
    I’ll say it’s better to let him go.

Sorry for cr@p post. ...Chuffin iPad won’t type right when plugged in.

Translation.
    I agree with a lot of Bills points. Sometimes a Purchase is not right. . And sometimes you have to take a loss.
    How many of us have bought a car, run it for a few months and then taken a loss to get rid, rather than having the problems you KNOW are going to be coming...........?
    They made a deal with Hull, with a view to a Sale.. We never did send him out to get experience.... We sent him out to SELL HIM.
    They had a right to buy. We probably didn’t really have, or want a recall.

Two coaches said “No. not for me....”

McCann will take a chance as it MAY save his job in 4 weeks. Chances are Wilks wouldn’t have saved us in 20 weeks. We criticise the owners, yet we don’t know, and never will the full background.

Grant McCann knew exactly what he was getting with Wilks having worked with him last season. Our owners knew that and should've either made the transfer of Wilks to Hull permanent or told em to gu ballax in my opinion. Bear in mind that Hull had sold Bowen for a reported 18million.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Grant McCann knew exactly what he was getting with Wilks having worked with him last season. Our owners knew that and should've either made the transfer of Wilks to Hull permanent or told em to gu ballax in my opinion. Bear in mind that Hull had sold Bowen for a reported 18million.
    It's just hard to take Pass when he sticks one in the corner in the 93rd minute and gives them 3 massive points and you factor in the other players we've let go to direct rivals .

It doesn't happen at other clubs and it proper fecks up me off with the embarrassment of it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's just hard to take Pass when he sticks one in the corner in the 93rd minute and gives them 3 massive points and you factor in the other players we've let go to direct rivals .

It doesn't happen at other clubs and it proper fecks up me off with the embarrassment of it .

Totally agree mate but my point was more based on the loan deal. It's normal practice to loan a player to a club then they decide whether to sign em or not. In Wilks case Grant McCann knew all about him so it should've taken a loan deal out of the equation. I'm confused as to why we'd loan him to a manager that knew Wilks capabilities instead of selling him outright, that's all I'm saying.

Whilst on the subject, I've been thinking about the question you asked about selling players to rivals and there is a major transfer that's taken place between 2 rivals, namely Eric Cantona. A transfer that totally changed the fortunes of 2 leading clubs at the time. I can't even imagine how Leeds fans felt about that, feck me. It probably still leaves a bitter taste even after all these years.

Figo from Barcelona to Real Madrid. Mo Johnstone between the old firm. Sol Campbell wo another. Andy Cole from Newcastle to Man United. All created uproar unfortunately we make a habit of doing it over the last 3 years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123