+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear something up.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Your self importance knows no bounds.It wasn't a dig at you or anyone. I posted because some didn't seem to know what the deal consisted of.If Struber doesn't want or rate any player why should we be lumbered paying possibly 4/6k a week for a player to sit on his settee at home smoking whatever he was filmed smoking a few months ago.I know you don't like the owners I've no problem with that it's your choice but on this occasion surely they've acted on the fact the manager doesn't rate him rightly or wrongly .The deal was agreed in January not July .Transfers happen at every club but it seems are club are found to be wrong in everything they do and in my view that's got to be wrong.
    Stendel for example the once shining light at Oakwell took over a struggling team in Hearts and the first thing he did was to release 2 experienced club legends and replace one of them with a 20 year, old just what a relegation threatened team need.My point being all managers see things from a different perspective to us mere supporters.
    From a legal point of view I can't see what more the board could have done.

I have to say bill your "one or two"comment resonated with me as a dig at SB which I know he can take & will defend his position on the club but not as a result of any self importance
    Moving on to Stendel any manager will have his own beliefs on any particular player as that is essentially his job but you may wish to refect on his gesture of not taking any wages during his last few months at Hearts not something which is usual in modern football
    I seem to recall reading that the prescence of the two experieced players was not condusive to harmony in the club
    However relegation at Hearts cost him his job,so so much for that gesture
    In conclusion I am yet to see one redeeming feature of our current owners

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I have to say bill your "one or two"comment resonated with me as a dig at SB which I know he can take & will defend his position on the club but not as a result of any self importance
    Moving on to Stendel any manager will have his own beliefs on any particular player as that is essentially his job but you may wish to refect on his gesture of not taking any wages during his last few months at Hearts not something which is usual in modern football
    I seem to recall reading that the prescence of the two experieced players was not condusive to harmony in the club
    Stendel carried on at Hearts where he left off at Barnsley. As Heckingbottom did at Leeds and Hibernian. There comes a point where you ask why was he put on gardening leave at Hannover too? People aren't victims all the time. It's a results business.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Your conveniently missing the point Bill .

In Wilks case they aren't sticking to what it says on the tin .

Develop young players .

The lad had history but we still paid £1.2m and gave him a 4 year deal .

A new HC comes in and after 6 weeks throws that policy under the bus with Wilks .

How many ways do you want to configure this ?

There comes a point if it's not working out that you cut your losses , no problem with that but that's not after 6 months in to a 4 year deal or on the say so of a HC after 6 weeks .
    I don't disagree with that Animal but we all know not every transfer is going to work out.In this case if blame is to be attached to anyone surely it's got to be Struber who's made it clear he isn't going to play him.Same with Stendel when we let let Moncur and Isgrove go,he wasn't going to play them so it makes sense to get them off the wage bill.

I can assure you Exile it wasn't a dig at anybody I've barely looked at Tykesmad for a few weeks.I was just stating for anybody who didn't know the deal was agreed in January and it wasn't something we could have got out of.The fact that Wilks scored last night is irrelevant in the fact that its a game he would have played in anyway during his loan spell.

I can assure you Exile it wasn't a dig at anybody I've barely looked at Tykesmad for a few weeks..
    just in the interests of factual accuracy your last post on here Bill was just 8 days ago (25-06-20) on the subject of the retained list where you stated about me--

"I'm of the opinion you don't like being challenged on your hatred of the owners and your fear of losing your disciples who nod at your every command"

I don't disagree with that Animal but we all know not every transfer is going to work out.In this case if blame is to be attached to anyone surely it's got to be Struber who's made it clear he isn't going to play him.Same with Stendel when we let let Moncur and Isgrove go,he wasn't going to play them so it makes sense to get them off the wage bill.
    It makes sense to get them off the wage bill and send them to a direct promotion rival ?

You missed that point out Bill .

Any progress on finding me another club who have potentially sold on players to a direct competitor .

Money before ambition .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It makes sense to get them off the wage bill and send them to a direct promotion rival ?

You missed that point out Bill .

Any progress on finding me another club who have potentially sold on players to a direct competitor .

Money before ambition .
    Catchy slogan that Might have some T-Shirts printed

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Catchy slogan that Might have some T-Shirts printed
    Conway will sue you Ponte

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Stendel carried on at Hearts where he left off at Barnsley. As Heckingbottom did at Leeds and Hibernian. There comes a point where you ask why was he put on gardening leave at Hannover too? People aren't victims all the time. It's a results business.
    So his one whole season at home without defeat & pushing on to the hundred points mark really is a good example of poor results
    He needed serious backing which I don't think he got
    Looking at our current plight with owners who have chosen our current manager & brought in too many inexperienced youngsters really have done well in the results business

So his one whole season at home without defeat & pushing on to the hundred points mark really is a good example of poor results
    He needed serious backing which I don't think he got
    Looking at our current plight with owners who have chosen our current manager & brought in too many inexperienced youngsters really have done well in the results business
    Since Struber took over it's 9 wins 5 draws and 10 defeats with the same players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast