+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Sheffield United Match Preview

Burnley v Sheffield United Match Preview

We welcome the Blades to Turf Moor on Sunday hoping to reverse the 3-0 drubbing we received at Bramall Lane last November. A repeat of the 1-0 win we achieved against the Blades in the 2009 Play Off Final would suit for a variety of reasons. Not least of which is Nick Pope’s pursuit of the Golden Glove where he holds a narrow lead over Alisson of Liverpool, Ederson of Manchester City and of course Dean Henderson. Burnley are in great form having picked up 21 points in their last 10 League games. Sheffield United suffered two successive 3-0 defeats against Newcastle and Manchester United on the resumption before returning to winning ways with a 3-1 win over Spurs last time out. The Blades will probably stick to their tried and trusted system of three centre halves combined with overlapping fullbacks. For Burnley Jay Rod, Chris Wood, JBG and Robbie Brady have all returned to training. Of these I expect Rodriguez (if declared fit) to start up front with Vydra. The fixture may come a little too soon for the other 3 to feature. Jack Cork went off injured at Selhurst Park so Pieters may be asked to continue in the left of midfield berth. COYC!

Both teams now vying for a Europa League spot gives the game a bit of added bite. COYC#

They are a very hardworking side and won't have had much of a break before Sunday,Wilder has done really well this season,should be a good game.But vying for a Europa League spot BT - do we really want to go down that road again? We have had enough trouble trying to put a squad together for League games.Leave that to the top 6.

Will be good if we can beat em to get them back for last time and to show them they aren't all everyone makes them out to be!

..but I'm not hopeful. They don't have selection issues like we do, and we won't have much home advantage with no crowd!

Would love to be in Europe again, if we can find the bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by antifootball View Post

Would love to be in Europe again, if we can find the bodies.
    The bodies are hidden under the patio. Sssh.

It's a question of who wants European football next season with a small squad.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    It's a question of who wants European football next season with a small squad.
    I don't want it Alfie, even with a big squad, the Europa League, as it was predicted it would, wrecked our season last time, it wrecks most clubs seasons, it'll wreck ours again if we qualify. Feck it, we want no part of it, Come on you Blades, they can have it for me.

be surprised, if like our recent games....they sit back an allow Us to play with the ball - all hands back to the defence ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't want it Alfie, even with a big squad, the Europa League, as it was predicted it would, wrecked our season last time, it wrecks most clubs seasons, it'll wreck ours again if we qualify. Feck it, we want no part of it, Come on you Blades, they can have it for me.
    I would LVE to beat the Blunts as we owe them one for our Schite display at theirs Sinky,but I do agree with you and think it best if we miss out on Europe.

I was rather caught out there by Ben Mee being unavailable. We have kept that quiet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)