+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris's Dad

Boris's Dad

Stanley Johnson flew to Greece last Wednesday ignoring Foreign Office advice to avoid all but essential travel. Greece will not allow direct flights from the UK to land because they regard our rates of CV19 infection to be too high so cunning old Stan flew to Bulgaria first in order to land in Greece on a Bulgarian flight.
    His stated reason for going to Greece was to make sure his property in Greece was Covid secure before the letting season began. I can see Stanley with his marigolds on scrubbing away rather than leaving it to his Greek lettings agent to sort it using local staff.
    Enjoy the break Stan.

Yamass !

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Stanley Johnson flew to Greece last Wednesday ignoring Foreign Office advice to avoid all but essential travel. Greece will not allow direct flights from the UK to land because they regard our rates of CV19 infection to be too high so cunning old Stan flew to Bulgaria first in order to land in Greece on a Bulgarian flight.
    His stated reason for going to Greece was to make sure his property in Greece was Covid secure before the letting season began. I can see Stanley with his marigolds on scrubbing away rather than leaving it to his Greek lettings agent to sort it using local staff.
    Enjoy the break Stan.
    I made a comment a few weeks back about the class system and Covid - 19 and it's effects , I think it went over a few heads at the time but consider this .

There's a list of the towns with the highest infection rates and 95% of them are the most economically deprived areas in the country .

This is because most of the jobs in these areas can't be done at home , manufacturing , warehousing etc .

You've also got to factor in the wages are poorer and folk just can't afford to take time off just in case they suspect they've got the disease and are unwittingly spreading it .

People on ZHC 's and agency's don't have enough security either to stay at home and are frightened of getting sacked .

Fine if you can work from home , but they are few and far between these jobs compared to other areas in this country around here .

This is a virus anyone can catch but some are more likely to catch it than others .

It is a fact .

Correct Animal.

It will all be sorted soon when Boris has Got Levelling Up Done.

I've always wondered what a lot of these "working from home on my laptop" people actually do that is so important. There seems to be a lot of writing and replying to e-mails and virtual meetings going on (between domestic jobs to do at home) that must be really crucial.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-07-2020 at 08:59 AM.