+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One legged Europa ties.....

One legged Europa ties.....

I see DM thinks the one legged format for qualification might suit us better .........
    Does anyone know if we might have fared better had this format been in place in previous seasons?
    The only one I can think of would've been a few years ago we beat Apollon Limassol 2-1 at pittodrie which would've seen us through to the play off round had there not been an away leg to play ( which we subsequently lost).
    Aye I'm bored !

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I see DM thinks the one legged format for qualification might suit us better .........
    Does anyone know if we might have fared better had this format been in place in previous seasons?
    The only one I can think of would've been a few years ago we beat Apollon Limassol 2-1 at pittodrie which would've seen us through to the play off round had there not been an away leg to play ( which we subsequently lost).
    Aye I'm bored !
    We of**** seem to have got drawn away from home in first leg ? And done not too badly overall. ( without checking the "facts " !! )

Gues that if we paly away from home , it used to be the method for the Home side to attack. Which suited out counterattacking at speed team of old ?

Gronigen away, Rijeka away , we did really well ?

We should really have murdered Maribor too. ?

Does away goals count double in these one legged affairs ?

Or is it penalties after a draw ?

Impossible to judge, given that every team’s approach to a one legged game would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Impossible to judge, given that every team’s approach to a one legged game would be different.
    I think we could easily work out what approach cautious McInnes would adopt.

Plenty time to practice penalties at our wonderful new state of the art training ground.

All Europa League qualifiers will be behind closed doors, whether home or away and regardless of the lifting of any national restrictions.

So no Euro trips for AFC fans this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    All Europa League qualifiers will be behind closed doors, whether home or away and regardless of the lifting of any national restrictions.

Donsdaft is in Germany
    (The season hasn’t started yet, so I will give you a bit breathing space)

In Prague now.
    No new manager or left back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    In Prague now.
    No new manager or left back yet.
    Hurry up or you will be getting the tin tack.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

Where did you read that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast