+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another week goes by!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I haven’t been anticipating this verdict from the PL at all. In my mind there’s no way they will approve it, so I put t to the back of my mind and have felt that way from the week the story broke.

There’s no way they can approve it when they’ve been pirating Premier League matches, I know that hasn’t been proven, but they know full well they have, and that’s not to mention genocide, head chopping or killing journalists.

Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce will be here next season and to be honest with you I don’t like the idea of being owned by the Saudi’s.
    I'm the same as you with regards to the takeover. Don't want these guys but not really anything we can do to stop it.

Well I want the Saudis!!!!!!

This is a massive turning point for our club.

We have had no other bids getting as far as this in the last decade, no one else has stumped up the money, or wants to buy us.

It’s sh it or bust time.....now or never
    If this deal fails I can see us being married to fatso for another decade. And I for one want a divorce!!

This deal getting done will solve more problems than it creates, in KSA and in U.K. at NUFC and for the premier league.
    Every ones a winner baby, that’s the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    This deal getting done will solve more problems than it creates, in KSA and in U.K. at NUFC and for the premier league.
    Every ones a winner baby, that’s the truth!
    Spot on, man

This is something that is being overlooked by folk who don't want the takeover to happen, imo. If this is part of a process that involves the Saudis, albeit slowly, changing their mindset and bringing their thinking and behaviour into the 21st century then that has to be a good thing. I don't even think that's a naive belief but I'm not daft enough to think it will happen overnight either. Life is about balance and the people who are complaining about the Saudis past and present are ignoring how things might change in the future.

Mind, having said that, I'm not going to pretend my main motivation for wanting them isn't anything other than wanting rid of fatso and having the richest owners in the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)