+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Blackburn Rovers - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Plus they were knackered after putting so much effort in to draw with us in their cup final, just like Stoke will do on Thursday, Swansea will do in the next game, and so on and so on. Even after all these years, I don't get why we're so hated and teams up their game to beat us, nobody has upped their game to beat Brentford, or park the bus like they do us, gets on your tits.
    Teams dont expect to outrun us or out play us, especially at Elland road.

They just change their tactics accordingly, which is defend deep and aggressively then try and hit us in the counter attack or set pieces.

Unlike Brentford, we aren't as efficient at converting our chances, so teams know they have a 1/2 chance of grinding out a draw and possibly snatching a victory.

I can't remember a game in recent times where I thought we were outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    T
    I can't remember a game in recent times where I thought we were outplayed.
    Arguably, we were outplayed for long periods of the Fulham match. Quite ironic considering that we ran out as comfortable winners.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Happy with the win. Not happy with iFollow stream which was utterly ****e.

I think Douglas must be the most negative player I have seen all season. He only has one option and that's pass it back; maybe sideways if he's feeling really adventurous. He slows everything down and doesn't suit our style of play at all. He did hit one great forward pass towards Barndoor at the end (which was fluffed obviously) which proves that he CAN do it so why doesn't he do that more often?
    Not sure what game you were watching, Douglas was arguably our best player today..

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Arguably, we were outplayed for long periods of the Fulham match. Quite ironic considering that we ran out as comfortable winners.
    We had a poor period in the first 1/2 but second 1/2 was all Leeds, so I would say we were were not out played over the course of that match.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Not sure what game you were watching, Douglas was arguably our best player today..
    Agreed i thought Douglas was back to something approaching his best form, like when he first joined us. Gives us a great 2nd option at right corner kicks with his left foot delivery too.

I thought Allioski should have gone off much earlier - he looked out on his feet with 15-20 to go.

Shackleton had a really good last few minutes as well. Maybe a better shout than Allioski for Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Agreed i thought Douglas was back to something approaching his best form, like when he first joined us. Gives us a great 2nd option at right corner kicks with his left foot delivery too.

I thought Allioski should have gone off much earlier - he looked out on his feet with 15-20 to go.

Shackleton had a really good last few minutes as well. Maybe a better shout than Allioski for Thursday.
    Pretty convinced that Douglas was putting himself on display for any would be managers, think he has already been told that he is not part of Bielsa's long term plans, having said that, he did play well. Alioski seems to work better with Harrison as a pair. He seems to play better at right back as opposed to a winger these days. I imagine if Costa is fit he will play which probably means Alisoki on the bench.

alioski brings much more to the team than Costa, who IMO is gash.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Agreed.

Extremely disappointed with Costa.Wolves have had our pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Agreed.

Maybe they will do a swap for Traore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Agreed.

Not as disappointed when we go up and have to pay him and the departed strikers signing fees which will take a lot of out parachute payment.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)