+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trees

The whole team was negative, almost as if the sudden awareness of the chances of making the playoffs had hit us! 68% possession and only 10 attempts (same as Florist but we had less on target), less corners and more fouls makes poor reading.
    My confidence for the Leeds, WBA, Brentford and Cardiff games has taken a knock!
    Tippy tappy won't beat them!

Lets take some positives. Can we play that badly and negatively again? Lawrence is back for the next game even if Waghorn has gone. We don't need Cardiff to slip up - just need to beat them 2-0. Wisdom may be back, and Bogle has been better (than today) with Wisdom inside him. We will still be 7th at the end of today and maybe even joint 6th, or even 6th is Cardiff get trounced in their local derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Lets take some positives. Can we play that badly and negatively again? Lawrence is back for the next game even if Waghorn has gone. We don't need Cardiff to slip up - just need to beat them 2-0. Wisdom may be back, and Bogle has been better (than today) with Wisdom inside him. We will still be 7th at the end of today and maybe even joint 6th, or even 6th is Cardiff get trounced in their local derby.
    Lawrence has still got 1 more game to serve. I think injuries and indiscipline will cost us.

Ah, I thought I read somewhere he'd only got 2 match ban

Nice one here for the statos: Luton v Reading. Luton have 65% to Reading's 35% of the possession after 72 minutes and are 5-0 down "at home"

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    The whole team was negative, almost as if the sudden awareness of the chances of making the playoffs had hit us! 68% possession and only 10 attempts (same as Florist but we had less on target), less corners and more fouls makes poor reading.
    My confidence for the Leeds, WBA, Brentford and Cardiff games has taken a knock!
    Tippy tappy won't beat them!
    We can't play any other way Mac tippy tappy is the Dutch way . I suspect that could well be our last point this season

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    We can't play any other way Mac tippy tappy is the Dutch way . I suspect that could well be our last point this season
    6 months ago and we'd have been very happy at getting a point from the trees! Yes todays performance wasn't the best but if a team is picking up points whilst not being at their best then its a good sign.

We never thought we'd be close to the play offs anyway - RA will be happy if we miss out, but there is still every chance of getting in 6th place. It ain't over until the rather large feminine person sings!

RA won’t be ‘happy if we miss out’ at all, but I’m realistic, and think our long term future will be better served by allowing the youngsters in the side another season to mature and giving Cocu a better chance to build his own side.

Considering you wrote us off in October and again in January I’m not sure you’re in any position to criticise my opinion.

There’s a lot being said about how great it is just to go up for a season or two and collect the money but it doesn’t seem to have done Stoke, Huddersfield, Bolton, Boro’, Reading or Sunderland etc much good.
    I agree, we’re in a much better position now than six months ago, but the possibility of losing points hasn’t gone away, and at the end of next season I’d far rather be doing a Leeds, West Brom or Brentford than a Norwich or a Villa.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-07-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Two more possible positives, GP...I’d forgotten all about Hector-Ingram being available and there was tentative talk last week from Cocu suggesting that Marriott is now ‘pain free’ and might be available before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    6 months ago and we'd have been very happy at getting a point from the trees! Yes todays performance wasn't the best but if a team is picking up points whilst not being at their best then its a good sign.

We never thought we'd be close to the play offs anyway - RA will be happy if we miss out, but there is still every chance of getting in 6th place. It ain't over until the rather large feminine person sings!
    Yes can't argue with that we've done a lot better than I thought . Honestly can't see us making top six , fixtures to hard

Does this make sense, I thought we'd play better than we ended up doing, giving them a good game but still losing yet we played so poor and ended up drawing

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)