Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Stoke City v Barnsley Match Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    16,490

    Stoke City v Barnsley Match Thread

    Another monumental game upon us , the classic 6 pointer if you will .

    Styles and Chaplin have to start for me given the impact they had coming off the bench on Tuesday evening and you can possibly add Ludewig to that too .

    That said who knows with Struber who goes with a horses for courses approach and to be fair has found a way since the restart .

    I just don't see a fourth consecutive clean sheet , the nature of the Championship and the law of averages says Stoke will score today , it just depends what the state of the game is when they do .

    The first goal in this game today is absolutely huge and the key to the 3 points .

    Talk on the Stoke board Davies could be in goal , maybe he'll punt one in from 80 yards in the 95th minute and grab the winner after saving two penalties !!!! .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,522
    The league table doesn't lie after 40 games.

    Stoke are a poor side at Championship level
    Barnsley are a poor side at Championship level

    Stoke haven't won since lockdarn--last five DWDLL
    Barnsley haven't lost since lockdarn--last five LLWDW

    Momentum with Barnsley but they have had the rub of the green in important phases of last three games. Fortune evens itself out.

    Close call. Stoke 1-0 fo me. Could be reyt in the sh1t five points adrift if we looiz, reyt back innit if we win. Pivotal day.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    16,490
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The league table doesn't lie after 40 games.

    Stoke are a poor side at Championship level
    Barnsley are a poor side at Championship level

    Stoke haven't won since lockdarn--last five DWDLL
    Barnsley haven't lost since lockdarn--last five LLWDW

    Momentum with Barnsley but they have had the rub of the green in important phases of last three games. Fortune evens itself out.

    Close call. Stoke 1-0 fo me. Could be reyt in the sh1t five points adrift if we looiz, reyt back innit if we win. Pivotal day.
    Even considering the league table , the season ending and restarting and the general view of Stoke's season thus far the fact remains they have some very capable players .

    Underperforming for sure but still capable none the less on any given day .

    As you say SB our run since the restart could easily be wiped out today with our own result and those of the teams around us .

    We hang by a thread with nothing what so ever points wise in the bank to rely on if we slip up .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,999
    Fortune Favours the Brave , be Brave Reds UTFLWG

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    16,490
    Team

    -------------------- Walton --------------

    Solbauer ------ Andersen --------- B Williams

    Ludewig ----------------------------------- Thomas

    ----------------Mowatt --------- Ritzmaier ----

    ------------------- Woodrow ------------------

    -------------- Chaplin ----------- Brown --------

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,644
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The league table doesn't lie after 40 games.

    Stoke are a poor side at Championship level
    Barnsley are a poor side at Championship level

    Stoke haven't won since lockdarn--last five DWDLL
    Barnsley haven't lost since lockdarn--last five LLWDW

    Momentum with Barnsley but they have had the rub of the green in important phases of last three games. Fortune evens itself out.

    Close call. Stoke 1-0 fo me. Could be reyt in the sh1t five points adrift if we looiz, reyt back innit if we win. Pivotal day.

    Totally agree SB and I've gone for 1 nowt to Stoke too

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,644
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Team

    -------------------- Walton --------------

    Solbauer ------ Andersen --------- B Williams

    Ludewig ----------------------------------- Thomas

    ----------------Mowatt --------- Ritzmaier ----

    ------------------- Woodrow ------------------

    -------------- Chaplin ----------- Brown --------
    Like that team selection. It has balance

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,522
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Team

    -------------------- Walton --------------

    Solbauer ------ Andersen --------- B Williams

    Ludewig ----------------------------------- Thomas

    ----------------Mowatt --------- Ritzmaier ----

    ------------------- Woodrow ------------------

    -------------- Chaplin ----------- Brown --------
    Struber sees summat in that Ritzmaier av yet to see. Adda gone wi other ten.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,999
    Can anyone tell me how Ritzmaier keeps his place in the team , i've not seen him play , but he doesn't get mentioned much in any match reports , what's your views ,

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,999
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Struber sees summat in that Ritzmaier av yet to see. Adda gone wi other ten.
    Sorry SB was posting summat similar missen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •