+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Ben Stokes

O/T Ben Stokes

Just watched a vid on you-tube of his fastest innings at Lords in 2015 . Alastair Cook was on 103 when Stokes came to the wicket, he was on 119 when Stokes got his century ! Speaks volumes of Cooks mentality to contain his own natural flair and allow Stokes to command the partnership.
    Good Look Ben in your new role as Capt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Yu4gQMd30
    Last edited by LincsMiller; 04-07-2020 at 09:07 PM. Reason: error

I've watched Joe Root before he became captain what a World class player, he seemed to go off the boil since so I hope it does not affect Ben.If stokes makes a good fist of it I would let him keep the captaincy & let Root become the best player number one in the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I've watched Joe Root before he became captain what a World class player, he seemed to go off the boil since so I hope it does not affect Ben.If stokes makes a good fist of it I would let him keep the captaincy & let Root become the best player number one in the world again.
    Being Captain is a skill in itself, a skill that “good” cricketers might not necessarily have.

One of the best England cricket captains was Mike Brearley and he wasn’t particularly world class at any other position in the team.