+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Not a good afternoon for us. Brentford, Leeds and Fulham all won. Fulham got a 95th minute winner. Imperative that we win tomorrow.

Derby will be difficult Leicester but Hull are crap and Boro were the better team midweek against them. If we don't beat Hull then questions need to be asked whether we deserve to go up. Please please do not bring back Philips,Livermore or HRK!

Grosicki is worth a start though as Grady seems to lack fitness/sharpness!

You really hate HRK don’t you. Weird. Even if he didn’t play the remaining games he was pivotal for three quarters of the season. Even if he comes off the bench he will accomplish more than Austin. Unless we get automatic on penalties alone.

We should also have had a last gasp winner against Blues, if Zohore, who is too slow to catch Covid19, had even managed a leg twitch, we would have had that winner and two more precious points. Of course, only a might have been, hope that’s not we end up saying about the season, such as it’s been.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You really hate HRK don’t you. Weird. Even if he didn’t play the remaining games he was pivotal for three quarters of the season. Even if he comes off the bench he will accomplish more than Austin. Unless we get automatic on penalties alone.
    I'm with you Boingy on this one. We look far more mobile up front when HRK comes on but as has been said many times before; it's all a matter of opinion!

No - he works his balls off but he does not know where the net is!! As mentioned previously, Austin, HRK and Zohore don't even come close to Gayle! Remember Pete Odemwingie and his magic? Not seen too much magic from our Hal - have you?
    Don't get me wrong - HRK in some matches is a better selection than Austin or Zohore but most honest West Brom supporters would say all three don't cut it. You would need to be on Coke to suggest any of these three could be in a Premier League squad

I wish, I wish and I wish again that we had Benrahma! Are you saying HRK comes close to him? There you go - the answer!

Every player should work their balls off and give 100% but good strikers like Benrahma and Gayle always look like scoring.
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-07-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No - he works his balls off but he does not know where the net is!! As mentioned previously, Austin, HRK and Zohore don't even come close to Gayle! Remember Pete Odemwingie and his magic? Not seen too much magic from our Hal - have you?
    Don't get me wrong - HRK in some matches is a better selection than Austin or Zohore but most honest West Brom supporters would say all three don't cut it. You would need to be on Coke to suggest any of these three could be in a Premier League squad

I wish, I wish and I wish again that we had Benrahma! Are you saying HRK comes close to him? There you go - the answer!

Every player should work their balls off and give 100% but good strikers like Benrahma and Gayle always look like scoring.
    He's the only one who knows where the net is this season Baggieal! We are a team that scores across the board and HRK is our top scorer out of the pack. I actually like us spreading the goals, it gives us lots of options. If you want to be like Fulham and rely on one striker that's fine, till he gets injured, suspended or goes off the boil. Are we ever going to be a team who can compete with Liverpool, Man city and the likes to buy a player who will be one of the best strikers in the prem? Can't see it.

He's the only one who knows where the net is this season Baggieal! We are a team that scores across the board and HRK is our top scorer out of the pack. I actually like us spreading the goals, it gives us lots of options. If you want to be like Fulham and rely on one striker that's fine, till he gets injured, suspended or goes off the boil. Are we ever going to be a team who can compete with Liverpool, Man city and the likes to buy a player who will be one of the best strikers in the prem? Can't see it.

You have not convinced me Boingy! We spread the goals as we don't have a prolific striker and HRK has played the majority of the games. I still say - HRK, Austin and Zohore are bog standard average and don't come close to a fit Gayle!

Don't get me wrong - I take my hat off to HRK as he works hard and holds the ball up well, but trying to convince me he's as good as Gayle was - your having a laugh! Gayle would have been more deadly had a thick plank had not put him on the wing!

Kanu along with Livermore have a great season for us. With Philips you get the same every season, max of 10 good games ,injured for 10 then average for the rest ,championship should be a breeze for him.
    Austin was full of praise for Kanu, Austin himself self said he didn't have a pre season and it shows.

Brentford front three 48 goals our front three donkeys Austin, Zohore, HRK 21 goals add into that Pereira with 8 goals, not having a recognised goal scorer could come back to haunt us, Brentford have a far superior goal difference. If we had Gayle and JRod we would have been up before lockdown. All these draws are gonna kill us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)