+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a good point regarding the takeover

a good point regarding the takeover

i saw a comment today about the takeover and it rings true in my eyes.

The PIF must have already been given assurances by the prem that the deal will go through given certain criteria was met.

Does anyone really think the Saudi's would go to all the trouble of ending piracy from Bein sports and closing down BoutQ just so the prem could say no?

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i saw a comment today about the takeover and it rings true in my eyes.

The PIF must have already been given assurances by the prem that the deal will go through given certain criteria was met.

Does anyone really think the Saudi's would go to all the trouble of ending piracy from Bein sports and closing down BoutQ just so the prem could say no?
    No.

They are definitely working with them. It will pass. The PL have to be seen as being in charge and thats why they are acting arrogantly towards our club. The Saudis will not let this go. Its now not just a case of buying our club, its not losing out to all the bullshít from Qatar. They will not let Qatar beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    They are definitely working with them. It will pass. The PL have to be seen as being in charge and thats why they are acting arrogantly towards our club. The Saudis will not let this go. Its now not just a case of buying our club, its not losing out to all the bullshít from Qatar. They will not let Qatar beat them.
    Aye, i agree, it will pass.

I have seen rumours that the PIF want Marseille aswell. That could be an obsticle in the future if they had stakes in both clubs and they both meet each other in european competition, im sure there are rules against that

More anti-piracy laws have been passed this week.

Got to be showing they are serious.

So, I don't know how much longer the prem can drag this out.

My thinking is that the PL are waiting for the season to end to then look at the data on illegal streams to check that the Saudi measures have been effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    My thinking is that the PL are waiting for the season to end to then look at the data on illegal streams to check that the Saudi measures have been effective.
    Aye, would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    More anti-piracy laws have been passed this week.

Got to be showing they are serious.

So, I don't know how much longer the prem can drag this out.
    it would be more a case of placating the WTO than the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    it would be more a case of placating the WTO than the premier league
    Why though Ron, the WTO is just an arbitration organisation and that report wasn't as damming as a lot of people thought or hoped in some cases it was going to be. Their findings could never stand up in a court of law as its opinion based.
    The other day I read some Saudi official was hoping to become the top dog in the WTO. My view hasn't changed, this takeover WILL go through but maybe we all under estimated the piracy issue. One thing though, the Saudis have stayed quiet but went about dealing with it in a business like matter. Bodes well for the future.
    Another thing for me though, surely Amazon will be banned from bidding in future for TV rights, seeing as Amazon Firesticks are the easiest way of watching piracy through apps on their platform. Thats if the PL are consistent.
    This takeover can take as long as it takes for me just as long as we get enough time to prepare for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Why though Ron, the WTO is just an arbitration organisation and that report wasn't as damming as a lot of people thought or hoped in some cases it was going to be. Their findings could never stand up in a court of law as its opinion based.
    The other day I read some Saudi official was hoping to become the top dog in the WTO. My view hasn't changed, this takeover WILL go through but maybe we all under estimated the piracy issue. One thing though, the Saudis have stayed quiet but went about dealing with it in a business like matter. Bodes well for the future.
    Another thing for me though, surely Amazon will be banned from bidding in future for TV rights, seeing as Amazon Firesticks are the easiest way of watching piracy through apps on their platform. Thats if the PL are consistent.
    This takeover can take as long as it takes for me just as long as we get enough time to prepare for next season.
    the WTO is one of them organisations where all countries think " it's useless but we better be a member just in case" the saudis signed up to the property rights so they expected to abide by it . regards being the president being a saudi all countries have put forward a candidate indeed we have put Liam Fox's name forward

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)