+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic ....again

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, I get frustrated by players like Armstrong, Rothwell and Holtby who flit in and out of games, or go from one good match to one poor one.
    At least Gallagher puts the effort in consistently and doesn't hide.
    I think we have really missed Evans too. He looked so sharp and dominant in that Bristol game. It's been very frustrating to have both Williams and Bell out at the same time, as well, because the defence has had to be improvised.
    For next season, we need to keep Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Davenport, Gallagher and Brereton in the squad, with Evans as captain, for his experience, and build the team around them. I think we just have to persevere with SG and BB, and hope they come good. Perhaps Butterworth will come in and make a difference. Then there are people like Wharton, Fisher and Buckley. Chapman remains a complete mystery to me. Will we ever find out the true story there?
    It is just good fortune in the Championship, now, if you get hold of an experienced player who transforms the squad. I suspect the most likely source is Scotland, but we have seen that people like Murphy, Guthrie, Rodwell and Whittingham don't usually work out.
    Downing has done well, and certainly puts the effort in, but he obviously doesn't quite have the ability to control a game any more.
    The other question: will Dack move on?
    I suspect he will still be with us when the next season starts, because of the injury, but for how long?
    Players to leave?
    Walton, Leutwiler, Tosin, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett, Hart, Johnson, Smallwood, Rothwell, Chapman, Downing, Holtby, Graham, Samuel, (Bell?).
    They won't all go, obviously, but you see where I'm coming from. I put Bell in brackets, because he's another mystery.
    Armstrong? Your guess is as good as mine!
    I agree Auks,
    I find Armstrong suc h an annoying player. Good sometimes, nothing the others. Holtby just looks like a luxury we simply aren't good enough to carry. Sometimes, we are basically playing with 10 men. I will never change my stance on Rothwell. He is not a footballer, with a footballers brain. It's all head down, run into dead ends. He provides nothing, never creates much, never looks like scoring.
    We miss Evans terribly, almost as much as Dack. Travis and Evans are our best midfield partnership. I worry when it's anyone else, as they are not as good. Downing is a decent ad, and has been ok. I just feel we are heading nowhere with the likes of him. He has loads of experience, I am struggling to see any of that right now as we struggle to find a leader. Nobody is wanting to take a game by the scruff of the neck and go for it. It's all very easy, sideways passing.
    I just want to know where Bell and Williams are really. I find it odd both got injured during lockdown, and are both unable to play. But its screwing us up. Pity JRC got injured, as I thought he looked really good vrs Bristol City.
    Not sure about Dack. In no way, until he shows if he is the same player after his injury, will he leave.
    But we do really miss him. He ups the standards of others around him. We have been unlucky with injuries, and its had an effect. But it can't be an excuse. Every side gets them, and we end up having to play Samuel. I am shocked just how poor he actually is. What a stump.

I am avoiding tonights debacle. I cannot bring myself to get wound up watching them again.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I agree Auks,

I am avoiding tonights debacle. I cannot bring myself to get wound up watching them again.
    In that case they'll probably wine a 7 goal thriller

Well, what can anyone say, really? It's like football is designed to make a mug out of you!
    When we started well, but Nyambe missed an easy chance, I thought that was it.
    Odd when you think about it.
    Graham scores a tap-in, and Armstrong gets a screamer. It sums up the difference between their styles, I suppose. We made Cardiff look quite ordinary in the second half.
    Robin - I think I'd rather predict something to do with quantum physics than Rovers' results!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 08-07-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Well, what can anyone say, really? It's like football is designed to make a mug out of you!
    When we started well, but Nyambe missed an easy chance, I thought that was it.
    Odd when you think about it.
    Graham scores a tap-in, and Armstrong gets a screamer. It sums up the difference between their styles, I suppose. We made Cardiff look quite ordinary in the second half.
    Robin - I think I'd rather predict something to do with quantum physics than Rovers' results!
    Don't I know it!! That certainly made me eat my own words. I actually watched the 2nd half, and glad I did. Everything we had done in the last 3 games, suddenly changed. Even my mate Samuel who missed a few chances was dragged down for a pen!! But even when it was not given, got up and scored. Something Gallagher appears incapable of. Travis was superb, as was Johnson who finally shaped up for once. We wont get in, but its really opened up that top 6 now. Armstrong took his goal so well, he seemed back close to his best again. I bet we go and beat West Brom now to really tease us all.
    Football, it's all guesswork .........

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Don't I know it!! That certainly made me eat my own words. I actually watched the 2nd half, and glad I did. Everything we had done in the last 3 games, suddenly changed. Even my mate Samuel who missed a few chances was dragged down for a pen!! But even when it was not given, got up and scored. Something Gallagher appears incapable of. Travis was superb, as was Johnson who finally shaped up for once. We wont get in, but its really opened up that top 6 now. Armstrong took his goal so well, he seemed back close to his best again. I bet we go and beat West Brom now to really tease us all.
    Football, it's all guesswork .........
    I meant to mention Johnson too. He sums up our season and our team. Puts in a brilliant performance about once every five matches!

I meant to mention Johnson too. He sums up our season and our team. Puts in a brilliant performance about once every five matches!
    Without Dack being around, 2 players are the key to us playing well. If they are both 'on it' more usually follow. Travis and Armstrong. If they are confident then we stand a chance. Cardiff don't have anyone as good as them 2, and once the second half kicked in, it showed. Johnson and Travis where doing something we haven't done in weeks. They where both ahead of the ball, happy to leave Downing holding. The one who made such a huge difference was Joe Rankin Costello. I really do think of all our young players (after Trav) he will be the real next star. Left back won't really be his position, but he is a much better option than Bennett. While we have so many injuries in midfield, I feel Bennett should only be used in midfield for the remaining games, if Joe can stay fit. I'm starting to think both Bell & Williams are dead and we won't ever see them again.

It's so odd, as we where totally out of the running, then one win and it sort of changes again. Those 3 defeats mean we now have no room for error. We would have to win all 4 remaining games and rely on Cardiff (who play Fulham & Derby next) Swansea, Derby and PNE all dropping points. If we draw on sat, its over. But it would be nice to finish the season strongly.

I don't think the play-off place is realistic now, but stranger things have happened.

I would say it's pretty much impossible.
    We need 4 out of 4,while the above lose 2 out of 4.
    Once it's out of your hands,its a tough ask.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would say it's pretty much impossible.
    We need 4 out of 4,while the above lose 2 out of 4.
    Once it's out of your hands,its a tough ask.
    we just lost 3 in a row, it is now possible to win 3 on the bounce, carrying on tomorrow.
    Then we would go into the final game with everything to play for.

We have west brom at home(tough)
    Millwall(away)tough
    Reading(home)should be ok
    Luton(away)should be easy but form against promoted sides is poor.
    Alot to ask to get 4 wins out of 4.
    Not impossible but tough when expecting sides to drop points at the same time.
    Build on a push next season is the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)