+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic ....again

Pathetic ....again

What is the point in even bothering?? The players aren't arsed, the manager is not bothered, and we just look like a woeful side, completely out of ideas. We need a huge clear out, and a new voice in the dressing room. This has all gone very stale.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    What is the point in even bothering?? The players aren't arsed, the manager is not bothered, and we just look like a woeful side, completely out of ideas. We need a huge clear out, and a new voice in the dressing room. This has all gone very stale.
    I was pleasantly surprised at the starting 11 he selected albeit Bennett and Gallagher are utterly pointless. I also thought we played some of our best football in the first half but lost 2-0. We were dire in the second half, as you say they were all disinterested in the second half, but we got a 1-1 draw.

When he brought Samuel and Graham on I realised TM doesn't give a feck either.

There is a complete lack of harmony and players aren't helping each other out.
    I'm pinning my hopes on Midfdlesborough taking TM away.

See you at Barrow in a couple of months
    Last edited by seventwo; 04-07-2020 at 06:38 PM.

I'm looking forward to seeing Barrow next season.
    I find watching Rovers painful, stressful and get no enjoyment at all. Its a chore.
    It's rare all 11 are so poor, but they are. Abd that's now 3 games. They have given up, if we get another point I'll be shocked.

I see Lee Johnson has become available

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I see Lee Johnson has become available
    Only Bristol City have been worse than us since we returned. Oh and Preston. All e sides have been pathetic. They made us look half decent which is some feat. So no surprise at all he has been sacked. Like us, they are going nowhere.

I have only just watched the game. As Seventwo said, we actually looked good in the first half, but what was Travis doing? I would have caught him in possession there - let alone a professional!
    And the third goal! Streuth! Has anyone else noticed that what has let Walton down on several occasions is timing?
    He goes down late, and moves his hands out of sync, so they are not firmly together at the point of contact.

In general, our pattern this season has been:
    a) the inability to sustain good periods of play;
    b) the failure to finish the chances we create when dominant,

Gallagher gets into good positions, but as with Brereton, he just gets tentative at the key moments. Often, this is just confidence, and both of them could probably do with a lucky break.

Mowbray will probably not survive another bad run, but - God knows! - it's just pi$$ing-into-the-wind guesswork when fans start speculating about new appointments. Lee Johnson was a 'genius' with Bristol City supporters at one point this season, whereas Derby fans were very unhappy with Cocu before Christmas.

I will support whoever it is, although I would have to hold my nose if the obnoxious Warnock got the job. To be honest, my preference would be Damien Johnson - just because of his knowledge of the younger players.
    I make absolutely no claim to being able to predict how that would turn out, though. I thought Paul Ince was an excellent appointment, and most other fans greeted Lambert as if he was a mastermind!
    It's a lottery.
    As you all know - because we can never agree on this - I think far too much emphasis is put on the manager, anyway.
    I don't suppose Mowbray told Travis to dither on the ball for five seconds with his back to the opposition.
    And what happened to Pep between beating Liverpool and losing to Southampton?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I have only just watched the game. As Seventwo said, we actually looked good in the first half, but what was Travis doing? I would have caught him in possession there - let alone a professional!
    And the third goal! Streuth! Has anyone else noticed that what has let Walton down on several occasions is timing?
    He goes down late, and moves his hands out of sync, so they are not firmly together at the point of contact.

In general, our pattern this season has been:
    a) the inability to sustain good periods of play;
    b) the failure to finish the chances we create when dominant,

Gallagher gets into good positions, but as with Brereton, he just gets tentative at the key moments. Often, this is just confidence, and both of them could probably do with a lucky break.

Mowbray will probably not survive another bad run, but - God knows! - it's just pi$$ing-into-the-wind guesswork when fans start speculating about new appointments. Lee Johnson was a 'genius' with Bristol City supporters at one point this season, whereas Derby fans were very unhappy with Cocu before Christmas.

I will support whoever it is, although I would have to hold my nose if the obnoxious Warnock got the job. To be honest, my preference would be Damien Johnson - just because of his knowledge of the younger players.
    I make absolutely no claim to being able to predict how that would turn out, though. I thought Paul Ince was an excellent appointment, and most other fans greeted Lambert as if he was a mastermind!
    It's a lottery.
    As you all know - because we can never agree on this - I think far too much emphasis is put on the manager, anyway.
    I don't suppose Mowbray told Travis to dither on the ball for five seconds with his back to the opposition.
    And what happened to Pep between beating Liverpool and losing to Southampton?

On reflection, I think Warnock is on his last job at Boro. I get the feeling he has lost that burning ambition. Boro (like Stoke or Huddersfield) will be breathing a huge sigh of relief, as one of those 3 clubs where going down, now Wigan will be docked 12 points, they will all stop up and have been incredibly lucky.

Not really sure what to think at the moment, surley I can't be the only one feeling really peed off watching us? I find it stressful, and so frustrating. Our performances are poor. I didn't rate Leeds at all on Sat. They are miles away fro being good enough to go up. They had all the luck, while Travis did mess up, and had a poor game by his standards, I did fel he was fouled. His mis-kicks the ball, because he was nudged in the back. I felt Holtby was rather unlucky to hit the post. And I am unsure why our goal was disallowed? And of course SG misses a sitter, where he never looked comfortable, or composed to tuck it away. Had we equalised, that game is different. I felt their 3rd goal was offside. The keeper who is just poor, made a right mess of it. That said, Alioski was stood offside rite in the front of him, bocking his view. We had the same ruled out for offside. The only 2 goals on the day nobody could argue with where the 2 free kicks. I thought we gave in too easily, and downed tools again. Which has been the case since we returned. Season is over.

Armstrong's whole body language tells me he will not be starting in a Rovers shirt next season.

Aucks

The inability to sustain good periods of play should be on TMs headstone.
    So few games during his whole tenure where we have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Aucks

The inability to sustain good periods of play should be on TMs headstone.
    So few games during his whole tenure where we have done that.
    I agree, but once the players are out on the pitch, I simply feel the responsibility is switched to them.

Champs, I get frustrated by players like Armstrong, Rothwell and Holtby who flit in and out of games, or go from one good match to one poor one.
    At least Gallagher puts the effort in consistently and doesn't hide.
    I think we have really missed Evans too. He looked so sharp and dominant in that Bristol game. It's been very frustrating to have both Williams and Bell out at the same time, as well, because the defence has had to be improvised.
    For next season, we need to keep Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Davenport, Gallagher and Brereton in the squad, with Evans as captain, for his experience, and build the team around them. I think we just have to persevere with SG and BB, and hope they come good. Perhaps Butterworth will come in and make a difference. Then there are people like Wharton, Fisher and Buckley. Chapman remains a complete mystery to me. Will we ever find out the true story there?
    It is just good fortune in the Championship, now, if you get hold of an experienced player who transforms the squad. I suspect the most likely source is Scotland, but we have seen that people like Murphy, Guthrie, Rodwell and Whittingham don't usually work out.
    Downing has done well, and certainly puts the effort in, but he obviously doesn't quite have the ability to control a game any more.
    The other question: will Dack move on?
    I suspect he will still be with us when the next season starts, because of the injury, but for how long?
    Players to leave?
    Walton, Leutwiler, Tosin, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett, Hart, Johnson, Smallwood, Rothwell, Chapman, Downing, Holtby, Graham, Samuel, (Bell?).
    They won't all go, obviously, but you see where I'm coming from. I put Bell in brackets, because he's another mystery.
    Armstrong? Your guess is as good as mine!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)