+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Johnson sacked

Macca has applied for Bristol job , he waint ever come back here nar

I think Macca ez sed he wuddant tek the job here given how things operate at the moment. First meeting between Macca and Hoss would be a cracker

"Michael, you can only list in priority order the guy you would like as a striker from the shortlist of three drawn up by our great recruitment stats team. That's how we operate here".

I agree SB, Mick McCarthy and Paul Conway discussing football? Macca would leave after 5 minutes thinking wtf

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I agree SB, Mick McCarthy and Paul Conway discussing football? Macca would leave after 5 minutes thinking wtf
    You can only imagine Mick's reaction when an American voice calling long distance from the Oakland A's tells him he's an expert in recruiting young " sorcer rorster's " .

Big Micks done nowt for year's , as much as i like him , he becoming a bit of a dinosaur now !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Big Micks done nowt for year's , as much as i like him , he becoming a bit of a dinosaur now !
    Aye but he kept Ipswich mid table in the Championship on not a lot .

Look how that worked out when they sacked him .

I'd having him here all day long , as old as he is , knows the game inside out and more importantly knows english football .

All about opinions .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye but he kept Ipswich mid table in the Championship on not a lot .

Look how that worked out when they sacked him .

I'd having him here all day long , as old as he is , knows the game inside out and more importantly knows english football .

All about opinions .

Couldn't have put it better myself. Totally underestimated his achievements at Ipswich. Took them to the play offs a couple of times I believe and kept their heads comfortably above water when his budget was cut.

Providing he's making all the decisions, then he's as solid and dependable a manager as they come. I listened to the Redfearns Bar interview with him a few weeks ago and he called the Barnsley job how it was when asked about it. Just an honest fella and a gentleman in my book, far too good to work with the people running this club.

What a crying shame that he will never manage here whilst this lot are running the show. There was a big opportunity for him to come here when they appointed Morais. He had announced that he was standing down at Ipswich and I thought to myself that there will never be an opportunity as big as this for Macca to manage here. It would bring a big buzz around the club and town, get the club moving forward and give us all some optimism. The homecoming if you like.

Unfortunately I then thought about it in realistic terms and realised that no way in a million years would he discredit himself and his proud record by working for people who are unrealistic and know sod all about football.

We don't need a manager/HC when we've got these clowns Conway and are top notch recruitment team running this circus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12