+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Staying up

Staying up

Again.. It's a mathematical impossibility for anyone to catch us on,so I'd just like to say well done to the players and Dyche for completing another season and earning us millions in the best league in the world..

What a performance from little Burnley, so often the underdogs and the butt of stupid comments from the press and media .Especially the BBC ( being called Barnsley)

Will ll the fairytale carry on next season ,I certainly hope so.. Especially if the board can get their act together and back Dyche up by giving him a few million more to spend..

UTC.. KTF..

Like you Alf, I think we have had a very good season, if a bit strange of late due to COVID 19 and no supporters allowed to watch.
    I also hope there will be some improvement to the first team during the summer transfer window but I am not that hopeful that Garlick will find the keys to the dry powder store. Garlick’s motto is that money is for counting not spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Like you Alf, I think we have had a very good season, if a bit strange of late due to COVID 19 and no supporters allowed to watch.
    I also hope there will be some improvement to the first team during the summer transfer window but I am not that hopeful that Garlick will find the keys to the dry powder store. Garlick’s motto is that money is for counting not spending.
    Garlick's first priority has been and always will be the financial stability of the club. Despite the recent media hyperbole SD is fully aware of the restraints imposed by a limited amount of Wonga and his recent comments suggest he will at the very least see his present contract out.

Now let's dull the Blades!

Attachment 16243

BT, Sean Dyche has known the financial position of BFC since he was appointed manager, just after Garlick was appointed chairman of the board.
    However during their tenure we have grown into and are currently a top ten premier league club. As such any club we approach in the transfer market will most certainly inflate the asking price of their players.
    Over the time of the Garlick / Dyche partnership we have had a relatively good experience within the transfer market, the most notable exception being Gibson, which turned out to be £15 million wasted unless we can recoup some of that in the next transfer window.
    As the financial rewards of being in the premier league are vastly different to those in the championship the club should be striving to remain in the premier league of that I do not think anyone would disagree.
    BFC are becoming an ageing team and there needs to be some investment to ensure we stay competitive within the premier league. If as Dyche has suggested stretching the transfer budget to allow BFC to be competitive is required then that transfer budget needs to reflect both the team’s requirements and the financial position of the club bearing in mind the riches of that income which being in the premier league provides.
    To hope that the door to the dry powder store is opened if only briefly is not being unreasonable.

Last week the public needed some good news and hence announced the big sting organised by the NCA.However,they needed the photos to back it up.That's the first time anybody has been allowed into the Dry Powder room!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)