+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:-Well That Didn't Take Long

Moronic response to the present situation sadly isn't confined to Mansfield. The next outbreak is only round the corner.

If anyone has a decent reason as to why the pubs reopened on a Saturday I’d love to hear it.

As a counter to the tw@ts in Mansfield, I went and had a pint in the beer garden of The Wollaton yesterday afternoon - really well organised, ordered from an app and delivered to the table, Harvest Pale has never tasted so good. Social distancing not a problem at all.

The thought of sitting in a pub for a drink still does not appeal mind - I can't see me wanting to do that for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If anyone has a decent reason as to why the pubs reopened on a Saturday I’d love to hear it.
    To get the economy moving is the only reason.

3-4 million work in pubs/clubs/restaurants so you can see where this will end if they dont open.

There is no easy decision but I do know this we as a country cannot afford to furlough people forever.

No I didnt go to the pub either and have no desire to for a while as its sounds like a pain and not very enjoyable either !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    To get the economy moving is the only reason.

3-4 million work in pubs/clubs/restaurants so you can see where this will end if they dont open.

There is no easy decision but I do know this we as a country cannot afford to furlough people forever.

No I didnt go to the pub either and have no desire to for a while as its sounds like a pain and not very enjoyable either !
    This^^^ As you say, there are no easy decisions. Some welcome it and some think it's a rank bad idea. I spose it happened on a Sat because that's one of their most lucrative days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    As a counter to the tw@ts in Mansfield, I went and had a pint in the beer garden of The Wollaton yesterday afternoon - really well organised, ordered from an app and delivered to the table, Harvest Pale has never tasted so good. Social distancing not a problem at all.

The thought of sitting in a pub for a drink still does not appeal mind - I can't see me wanting to do that for some time.
    I'm not much of a pub goer these days, but if I was going to go for a pint I'd definitely want to be in the open air rather than indoors.

Business has been difficult enough for pubs in recent times even before Coronavirus came along, and the lockdown has pushed the industry close to the edge if not over it, so I understand the reasoning for trying to get them back in action in some form, but sadly you cannot trust everyone to drink sensibly. While the lifting of the lockdown has worked quite well for many industries and services, I suspect the lifting of restrictions on this particular one may be short-lived. As is so often the case, a small minority who cannot be trusted will ruin things for those who can.
    Last edited by jackal2; 05-07-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This^^^ As you say, there are no easy decisions. Some welcome it and some think it's a rank bad idea. I spose it happened on a Sat because that's one of their most lucrative days?
    Saturday is the most lucrative day as you say and whether it was open yesterday makes no difference as they will open one Saturday at some point.

It was obvious like Jackal said the small percentage wont stick to the rules but the govt would know that anyway.

Lets hope the infections continue to drop and the media stop scaring people with misleading headlines.

That didn’t take long

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Saturday is the most lucrative day as you say and whether it was open yesterday makes no difference as they will open one Saturday at some point.

It was obvious like Jackal said the small percentage wont stick to the rules but the govt would know that anyway.

Lets hope the infections continue to drop and the media stop scaring people with misleading headlines.
    Happy Tynwald Day to you apple pie .

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    There isn't one, stupid idea.

I think a lot of pubs stayed closed, and tried to learn lessons from the ones that didn't.

Monday would have been much wiser, and allowed a more gradual , and gentler learning curve.

Having said all that, the " usual suspects" will still be at it, whenever you open.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast