+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Thoughts now

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suspect that we thought much the same after the Fulham match (during which, regarding the whole game, I believe we played better than yesterday against (arguably) a better side than Blackburn).

We were fortunate that Blackburn had a goal disallowed when there was a (Very) light touch during the attack and we got a free kick, very soft. They hit the bar, and Kilch's goal could have been disallowed on any other day given that Alioski was offisde and in line of sight between Klich and goalie. Take those as the kind of thing that happens to us usually (and we know what the results of those "things" usually are) it could have been a very different result.

Bamford, shooting from the egde of the box, and scoring! Where did that come from? Equally the "bend it like Beckham" set piece strike by Phillips, what bag of tricks has he been hiding that one in, and why???? Overall we deserved the win, if only to balance out some of the appalling decisions from officials that have cost us dear in the past!

Stoke, Barnsley and Charlton will be hard, they are all vulnerable to/destined for relegation, Swansea are probably too far away from playoffs and certainly relegation to have anyything tangible to play for (apart from beating us of course!). As others have said, the crux of it all might be the Derby game, unless of course we have won everything beforehand and can't be caught!
    Take the bit about Swansea back. With their win today, we have just lost what might have been an "easier" opposition!

Still got nerves as Brentford just don't look like slipping up, a superb result yesterday, but it could so easily gone the other way, I don't feel confident in any of the games we have left, yet when I look at Brentford and West brom games I see only wins for them, sorry guys, I wish I had your confidence, not sure how old some of you are, I'm 57, and have been here so many times before, starting against Sunderland in 73 when the best Leeds team ever produced didn't get the hatful of goals the experts predicted, swiftly followed by bayern Munich in 75 and its been roller-coaster rides ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Still got nerves as Brentford just don't look like slipping up, a superb result yesterday, but it could so easily gone the other way, I don't feel confident in any of the games we have left, yet when I look at Brentford and West brom games I see only wins for them, sorry guys, I wish I had your confidence, not sure how old some of you are, I'm 57, and have been here so many times before, starting against Sunderland in 73 when the best Leeds team ever produced didn't get the hatful of goals the experts predicted, swiftly followed by bayern Munich in 75 and its been roller-coaster rides ever since.
    Lol, Have faith pal, All we have to do is win 5 times, Simple....

I think we are better against teams that have something to play for, If they park the bus we sometimes struggle to break them down and miss a hatful.

I think we have a good chance.

That is all.

I am reasonably confident. It's entirely in our own hands and we are in the box seat. Other teams will have to get good results in every game AND hope that we and/or West Brom slip up. Having said that, I suspect we are in for a few nervous minutes over the next 5 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suspect that we thought much the same after the Fulham match (during which, regarding the whole game, I believe we played better than yesterday against (arguably) a better side than Blackburn).

We were fortunate that Blackburn had a goal disallowed when there was a (Very) light touch during the attack and we got a free kick, very soft. They hit the bar, and Kilch's goal could have been disallowed on any other day given that Alioski was offisde and in line of sight between Klich and goalie. Take those as the kind of thing that happens to us usually (and we know what the results of those "things" usually are) it could have been a very different result.

Bamford, shooting from the egde of the box, and scoring! Where did that come from? Equally the "bend it like Beckham" set piece strike by Phillips, what bag of tricks has he been hiding that one in, and why???? Overall we deserved the win, if only to balance out some of the appalling decisions from officials that have cost us dear in the past!

Stoke, Barnsley and Charlton will be hard, they are all vulnerable to/destined for relegation, Swansea are probably too far away from playoffs and certainly relegation to have anyything tangible to play for (apart from beating us of course!). As others have said, the crux of it all might be the Derby game, unless of course we have won everything beforehand and can't be caught!
    Lol I'm pretty sure it came to him that fast he didn't have time to think looked like a fluke.
    I didn't get to see the game but I watched the highlights and i thought i was watching schoolboy football. anyone else that watched seemed to think it was an overall bad game?

everyone else running out of games

Still positives from me !
    Neg heads please form queue to my left to be dealt with later - everyone else to my right !

Bielsa will steer our ship home through the rocky waters of the Championship.

MOT

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 05-07-2020 at 09:17 PM.

We are going up and there will be an influx of 5 or so players.

If we don’t go up then I think we may be one of the many EFL clubs facing financial difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    We are going up and there will be an influx of 5 or so players.

If we don’t go up then I think we may be one of the many EFL clubs facing financial difficulties.
    The only reason I know we will go up is West Brom's form is up and down like us. And if we go up we do need more than 5 quality players if we want to stay up and not just makeup numbers.
    Goalkeeper-2 central defenders and left back-2 midfielders-2 wingers and a striker.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)