+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Thoughts now

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Pressure is for tires !!

It is quite comical to see how doom and gloom we are and you would nearly think we have lost promotion before we have played the matches.

We have everything we need to get it done this season, no excuses. Now would be a good time for Bamford to go on and continue the little scoring streak. We have already started the winning streak.

I understand the nerves but we do have a good team that will pick up the needed points.
    You must have been visiting another planet when we were havin the run-in last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    You must have been visiting another planet when we were havin the run-in last season.
    If anything, what happened last season should be the catalyst to go on and secure promotion this season.

The team have so much going for it this year and it looks like we want to write them off at the most crucial stage off the season?

If anything, what happened last season should be the catalyst to go on and secure promotion this season.

The team have so much going for it this year and it looks like we want to write them off at the most crucial stage off the season?
    I'm not writing them off pal. I'm just a wee tad more concerned than you are.
    I hope you're the one who is right though.

Fair enough and maybe I was a bit harsh. I share the concerns about imploding etc as I would love to see Leeds be promoted and hopefully convince my son to be a supporter as well.

However I have got to the point where I feel being nervous about other teams is not going go help anything and decided to look at the strengths of Leeds and be optimistic instead.

When I look at it objectively there is no excuse for Leeds not to achieve promotion this year. So that's the line I am taking.

Yeah but what has continually happened with the wheels falling off previous years should have been the catalyst to win it last year also! How many times do they need extra incentive mate? We all hope you are right...but you can appreciate peoples concerns surely.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Yeah but what has continually happened with the wheels falling off previous years should have been the catalyst to win it last year also! How many times do they need extra incentive mate? We all hope you are right...but you can appreciate peoples concerns surely.
    Glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty? Going for the positive route. I do appreciate everyone's concerns. However I find when people post a bit of doom & gloom it is almost contagious. So my thinking is be positive and try and remind people on the forum why we have reason to be positive still.

Fair enough and maybe I was a bit harsh. I share the concerns about imploding etc as I would love to see Leeds be promoted and hopefully convince my son to be a supporter as well.

However I have got to the point where I feel being nervous about other teams is not going go help anything and decided to look at the strengths of Leeds and be optimistic instead.

When I look at it objectively there is no excuse for Leeds not to achieve promotion this year. So that's the line I am taking.
    Not sure anyone is "worried about other teams" FTW, more about whether we have the strength of character to stay the course, as well as legitimate concerns regarding our "strike force", which stutters to say the least (Did abysmally against Cardiff, tears Fulham a new one, equally abysmal against Luton, then do the business away at Blackburn). Think we would all agree we have the team to win against any opposition in this league, when they all turn up and perform. However, especially at this point in the season, that too often turns out not to be the case.

Hopefully this season they prove the doubters like me completely wrong!

Glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty? Going for the positive route. I do appreciate everyone's concerns. However I find when people post a bit of doom & gloom it is almost contagious. So my thinking is be positive and try and remind people on the forum why we have reason to be positive still.
    Yeah I'm hearing you. There is only one way they are going to stop the doom and gloom on here though pal !

You're never further away than 2 metres from a grumpy old fart on leedsmad. 😂 SPIKE!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)