+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Anderson open to move to Notts

Paul Anderson open to move to Notts

Former Nottingham Forest midfielder Paul Anderson would be open to a move to Notts County this summer.

The former Red is currently a free agent having been released by Northampton Town just days after their success in the League Two play-off final against Exeter.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-open-4295650

He got on for a few mins of their Wembley final, I noticed. Seems he's been around for ever but still only 31, is he actually any good? Well liked at Florist no joy at Stags tho.

Same reply as Neal Bishop. Anderson is a player whose career is on a downwards trajectory, trying to keep earning a wage from the game as long as possible. I can't blame him for doing so, and I'm sure there will be takers, but Notts County's recruitment needs to continue focusing on up-and-coming talent like Roberts and Wootton. Courtesy of the owners we've now got a scouting system that clubs at this level can usually only dream of, so we don't need to be signing has-beens who are the wrong side of thirty. Doyle, O'Brien, Turner and Slocombe provide sufficient experience to be getting on with.

I think I'd rather see Brian Stubbs come out of retirement.

As David Vaughan did so well for us, I would hate to miss out on this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    As David Vaughan did so well for us, I would hate to miss out on this opportunity.
    Ha ha brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I think your comments sums the suggestion up very well.

Just as i said hopefully our scouting range has now improved from the days of "people that have played for or against Notts" I'd also think it's improved a bit from "players that are local and getting on a bit"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Former Nottingham Forest midfielder Paul Anderson would be open to a move to Notts County this summer.

The former Red is currently a free agent having been released by Northampton Town just days after their success in the League Two play-off final against Exeter.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-open-4295650
    Isn't he Arthur Shelby in Peaky Blinders?

I've got more interest in meeting the Black Horse for a pint than signing him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast