+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Yates

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I suspect the deal can't be concluded until the transfer window opens

It's a bit selfish that it isn't open because some teams are still playing. Surely it would allow teams like us and all the others in div 1 and 2 to set themselves up for next season. It also means that some players are out of contract but can't get fixed up yet

There could be strings attached to make it happen now such as players can't feature for their new clubs this season and also players aren't paid by their new club until say August if that's what the club and player agrees
    The out of contract players can sign flour, hense us getting Mikel Miller. The window only affects contracted players.

Yes I realise that Grumps but Jerry is under contract to us so we might not be able to sell him for a few weeks yet. They haven't even said when the window will open. Poor in my view.

PW has also said his recruitment plans are on hold as the transfer window isn't open so he's chosen players must be under contract. It's just creating yet another problem for league clubs and making players unemployed.

Yes I realise that Grumps but Jerry is under contract to us so we might not be able to sell him for a few weeks yet. They haven't even said when the window will open. Poor in my view.

PW has also said his recruitment plans are on hold as the transfer window isn't open so he's chosen players must be under contract. It's just creating yet another problem for league clubs and making players unemployed.
    Agreed

How have Coventry managed to buy a player for £1.5million.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Sadly another half decent player whose been cast aside by the boo boys. Roscoe, Watson, Taylor all a fair standard but put under pressure. You could see he tried but was never given a decent chance by the fans. Have a lot of them to be fair dunt we. Horses for courses
    ilikecarling, and there in lies the problem, 'A HALF decent player'. Those no time for sentiment in football it's a business to be the best and climb as high as possible with what you've got with a team. There's no disputing Yates was indeed a trier but for some reason always looked a level too low to become a first team regular.

I am pleased for the lad he had a good season with Swindon and that he went on to bag a decent goal tally for them. Being realistic though, he wouldn't have managed that with us, as we have players better than Jerry. He has found his level and a niche' to be recognised so good luck to him with his future football career.

Yes, he's only young and may well go on to improve to higher levels, I hope he does but for now, he doesn't fit into our side or position in the Championship. Sensible thing is to sell but quick, before interest wains.

Has said Yates not a lone striker, hes not built to play in this position,opposing centre halves would have a field day with him, while playing him with Doyle at Swindon with 2 upfront suited him.
    Maybe Blackpool are the club in with the offer for Yates.

BREAKING: 🍊Blackpool have now outbid Swindon Town in the race to sign Rotherham United striker Jerry Yates. The new offer is in the region of £500,000. #UTMP #STFC #RUFC #EFL_HUB

Snatch theirs hands off for that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Snatch theirs hands off for that kind of money.
    I believe someone has offered to drive him their themselves? 😂

Btw watch out someone’s said they will run around naked in public if we got 500k

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    How have Coventry managed to buy a player for £1.5million.
    Yes I wondered that Lol.
    I think both of their new recruits are from European clubs so there may be a quirk in the rules there. Let's say he was playing in France and the window is open there then an EFL club can recruit from that league. Just a guess.

Also I believe at least one of them was out of contract so the transfer window doesn't apply

Or Maybe Cov just have a precontract agreement and when the window opens here he will be signing for them and no one else
    Last edited by flourbasher; 09-07-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast