+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:-Bum Lickers

Turns out it's not only closet racists like me and UTM who are worried about the current cultural climate of forced compliance, but also well-known fascists such as Noam Chomsky and Salman Rushdie.

Even people who aren't able to evaluate an argument through reason, who instead base everything on personalities behind the arguments and the groups they are affiliated with, might sit up and take note of the fact that whether through laziness or stubbornness, they are going to end up on the wrong side of history.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...in-open-letter

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It's easy to point a finger, but when has BJ even looked in the mirror once? When has he made any slightest hint of an apology or even hint of an admission that the Govt has got anything wrong?

'You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.' Matthew chapter 7 verse 5!
    This.

I used to work in the Care Home sector, first in Registration and Inspection when it was still run by Social Services, then for a large national charity. From my inspection days I saw a wide range of homes, good and bad in all sectors - local authority, private, voluntary sector. Having said all that, Boris's comments were offensive and way off the mark. He has a habit of saying the wrong thing, and then not apologising. The vast majority of owners, staff, residents and relatives, have made huge personal sacrifices during the pandemic to minimise risk to residents and fight corona virus. That there have been so many deaths of care home residents in my view is down to the following factors: 1) a very vulnerable group of people, so high mortality rate if they catch the virus, however well cared for. 2) Government mismanagement and lack of testing, allowing care home residents to be discharged back to care homes from hospital with the virus. 3) lack of PPE, 4) lack of Government guidance.

Classic case of too little too late from the Government on testing, PPE, discharge guidance to the NHS and PPE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... crazy ... still a bit emotional, it appears. However, you don't know some of the care home owners that I know. Of course they all 'care' about their residents; their reputation is a stake and that's how they continue to fill accommodation. But if you knew how SOME of them THINK about residents and relatives your hair might curl. Boris was right - SOME care home owners get/got it wrong - but you can't stand that because it doesn't fit your view of life. Perhaps you're sincere but a bit naive ...
    It's you who's naive, you're an idiot. You think that I don't know how some managers feel about the residents and their families? I work there you moron and I have to deal with the residents and the families and yeah they can be annoying as fcuk, I hate dealing with some of them myself. That doesn't mean when they come in I won't give them 100% my best and keep my opinions to myself, it's called being professional. I know alot of managers who have left the care industry because they say they can make the same money for a quarter of the stress. Sure there are bad care homes but there are bad anything, you seem to not be able to differentiate between people's personal feelings and how they do their job.

Infact it just goes to show how stupid you are or maybe how unprofessional your care home manager friends are if you think that because care home managers might not like all the residents that they'll be happy to negate guidance causing their charges to die. How dumb are you? How long do you think they'd keep their job if they were happy to let people die cause they didn't like them?

If SOME care homes got it wrong then that's because there was no guidance from your beloved Boris. Luckily our chief executive is an MBE for nursing and charity and is on point with it, it's thanks to her we closed down on March the 10th thus saving more lives NOT THE GOVERNMENTS help.

I can't believe you think I'm naive then say some won't have followed procedures cause they don't care about their charges. You really think life is that simple don't you. A massive example of how not to act professionally is for Boris to be asked about care homes then throw them under the bus. Whatever his personal feelings were he should have congratulated them on going above and beyond like an actual leader, not a silly little school boy who's been given the keys to the kingdom.

You are an insult to horses. You're a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Turns out it's not only closet racists like me and UTM who are worried about the current cultural climate of forced compliance, but also well-known fascists such as Noam Chomsky and Salman Rushdie.

Even people who aren't able to evaluate an argument through reason, who instead base everything on personalities behind the arguments and the groups they are affiliated with, might sit up and take note of the fact that whether through laziness or stubbornness, they are going to end up on the wrong side of history.

I watch every interview Noam Chomsky does, one of my all time heroes. I think he is generally supportive of the protests but it's a relief to see his name on that list.

Also alot of care home managers are workers really care for the residents. It's insulting to make out it's the norm for managers and workers to hate residents and their families, it's a massive misrepresentation of the truth to suit your negative view of life. Boris should be kissing these people's feet as thanks to their care alot more didn't die.

Disgusting Prime Minister but more than that, thick to boot. Who slags off care homes after what they've been through?You can see he's got no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    It's respect AND politics. I wear a poppy every year to rememeber all those who lost their lives. War is an extreme form of politics.
    I think accusing Adolf Hitler, and Hideki Tojo of extreme politics might be a touch disingenuous

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Here is the Coconut Cabbies view, his he a racist?

warning he does tend to swear a bit

He makes some very good points but I suspect he'd be dismissed by the trendy middle class lefties with daddy issues as being the voice of the white working class "gammons". it's his 'type' the intersectionalists hate because they refuse to climb into the box the likes of the BBC want to place people in. You don't have to be white to be ignored or labelled a white supremacist. David Kurten, who is black, took part in a debate about statues which he was defending. Jackie Walker, a political activist and "anti-racism trainer" ended up shouting over him "SO SAYS A WHITE PERSON, SO SAYS A WHITE PERSON!".

... now then crazy ... calm down ... am so glad you are now prepared to admit that you agree with me and Boris about SOME care homes. Whilst I appreciate the good work that those who work in the caring professions, you worry me a little in that you are so happy to tell us all what a wonderful job you, in particular, are doing. Perhaps a little modesty wouldn't go amiss; after all, the chain of support for care stretches long and wide. The market for halo's is wide open to anyone who makes them. Those who elect to work in the NHS and care sector have a choice. SOME/MANY may suffer from the frustrations that delivering the service is difficult and testing; and there is much to do to improve so many elements and it won't happen all at once. Only the naive believe in a magic wand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I think accusing Adolf Hitler, and Hideki Tojo of extreme politics might be a touch disingenuous
    My post was in response to one saying politics and war were completely different. You may disagree but I wasn’t being disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Great work Driller, you falsely accused me of purporting a straw man argument, then claim that you and Utm have been called ‘closet racists’ (when, by whom?).

You also claim that others ‘base everything on personalities behind the arguments’ right after citing Chomsky and Rushdie! Literally accusing people in one sentence of what you’ve just done in the previous one. Unbelievable.

In its opening paragraph the letter you’ve linked to states;

Powerful protests for racial and social justice are leading to overdue demands for police reform, along with wider calls for greater equality and inclusion across our society, not least in higher education, journalism, philanthropy, and the arts. But this needed reckoning...

If that isn’t tacit support for your hated BLM campaign, I don’t quite know what is. The rest is a committee written series of platitudes about free speech which no one sentient could really disagree with. It gives no further info on the examples of ‘hasty and disproportionate punishments’ so the reader has no idea about the individual merits of those cases.

I’d love to know the authors’ opinion on David Starkey, the historian who talked in an interview with a right wing website about ‘damned blacks’ along with putting forward other questionable racial attitudes. Did they feel he had a right to put forward those opinions? Were the universities who had connections with him right to ‘cancel’ him? We have no idea.

I thiught this was an excellent contribution from the former cricketer and top commentator Michael Holding on the BLM campaign.

https://twitter.com/ralphyheraldsun/...645998081?s=21

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast