+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:-Bum Lickers

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I actually agree, but to the extent that it does make a difference, do you think it will help or hinder?
    My own guess would be that it will solidify his base, but motivate some BAME people to vote against him when they previously may not have voted. But the aim of the campaign is to enact change whoever is in power.

The NY Times says this;

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/u...lling.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    My own guess would be that it will solidify his base, but motivate some BAME people to vote against him when they previously may not have voted. But the aim of the campaign is to enact change whoever is in power.

The NY Times says this;

Ok well first of all in a US context the correct way to say what you want to say is BIPOC, not BAME.

Secondly your use of the term BAME is problematic - please read the attached link, listen to black people and stop promoting white supremacy.

https://blackbritishacademics.co.uk/...d-terminology/

I have to register to the NY Times to read that article and I don't want to, but I have no doubt that neither Trump nor Biden will enact radical enough change to placate BLM.

Unable to edit my last post but thought I would add this from the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-andrew-cuomo

Backs up what I've been saying

Who is state governor has been one of the most important factors in how each state has responded to the pandemic: moving quickly to shutdowns and stay-at-home orders, or not moving at all: with high-stakes consequences.

“This is a defining moment for every governor in America because this isn’t a moment where you just cast a vote and go home,” the veteran Democratic strategist Lis Smith, who has advised governors and gubernatorial candidates, said. “Governors are in charge of making these life and death decisions right now.”

The NY Times says this;

I think you are very wrong here, I think the most important issue is going to be the ongoing riots and massive spike in crime that is happening in the states at the moment. In the midst of all this you have several cities voting not only to reduce the money given to the police some are even voting to disband them.

Whenever there is increase in crime people look to the Republicans, if the police are not going to be there to help the people will turn to their 2nd Ammendment Right to own guns. There the Dems have the double Whammy of voting the police away and voting the guns away, people will turn to Trump and the vote Republican across the board. When the Pandemic started there was a massive increase in the number of guns being sold, the people buying them were what the americans would call Liberals aka Democrats.

The biggest worry my friends over there have is that no matter who wins the other side will not accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by EwarWooWar View Post
    I think you are very wrong here, I think the most important issue is going to be the ongoing riots and massive spike in crime that is happening in the states at the moment. In the midst of all this you have several cities voting not only to reduce the money given to the police some are even voting to disband them.

Whenever there is increase in crime people look to the Republicans, if the police are not going to be there to help the people will turn to their 2nd Ammendment Right to own guns. There the Dems have the double Whammy of voting the police away and voting the guns away, people will turn to Trump and the vote Republican across the board. When the Pandemic started there was a massive increase in the number of guns being sold, the people buying them were what the americans would call Liberals aka Democrats.
    If you really believe all of that I suggest that you back Trump to be re-elected with as much money as you can afford, because he is currently 13/8 in what is basically a two-horse race. The other horse is moderate at best, but I hope that Trump's mishandling of Covid-19 and the death of George Floyd will prove to be his demise despite Biden not offering a great deal in the way of opposition. The American electorate are a difficult bunch to judge however, so if Trump goes to 2/1 I will put a few quid on him winning despite it being a result I wouldn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ok well first of all in a US context the correct way to say what you want to say is BIPOC, not BAME.

Secondly your use of the term BAME is problematic - please read the attached link, listen to black people and stop promoting white supremacy.

https://blackbritishacademics.co.uk/...d-terminology/

I have to register to the NY Times to read that article and I don't want to, but I have no doubt that neither Trump nor Biden will enact radical enough change to placate BLM.
    Ooh I see what you did there. Hoisted by my own petard I believe they say. Well I would be if in the first instance I was American or in the US and in the second I had been insistent or ideological that using the right language was important in the debate we’ve been having. Or if I hadn’t said BLM wasn’t without its faults. Multiple times.

As it is, I’m now even more suspicious that the real Driller has been kidnapped by Tricky or Sinbad and they’ve forced him to hand over his login details. I’ve tried to answer a question of yours as honestly as I could and you’ve been a bit of a nob tbh.

Ooh I see what you did there. Hoisted by my own petard I believe they say. Well I would be if in the first instance I was American or in the US and in the second I had been insistent or ideological that using the right language was important in the debate we’ve been having. Or if I hadn’t said BLM wasn’t without its faults. Multiple times.

As it is, I’m now even more suspicious that the real Driller has been kidnapped by Tricky or Sinbad and they’ve forced him to hand over his login details. I’ve tried to answer a question of yours as honestly as I could and you’ve been a bit of a nob tbh.
    Well actually I'd say it was roughly one part me getting my own back, one part serious point, and yes, one part me being a nob.

I'd be more than happy to take some credit for your 2's lovers tiff, unfortunately................

Morning BFP. I'm not convinced the author of that article has the best interests of society at heart.

Should I read it anyway and find out what it has to say, then evaluate it critically on its merits/demerits?

Or should I stubbornly ignore it and refuse to engage with it?

Please advise.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast