+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:-Bum Lickers

I've seen it suggested that, if crowds were allowed into football grounds right now, supporters would boo whilst players took the knee. I've no doubt some would, maybe a majority would. Either way, there's the potential right there before kick-off to spark fights between those who boo and the SJW's in attendance. Left unchecked this divisive insane fetishized revisionist strategy of extremists is going to be all pervasive in society. It's truly sickening to see football encourage it.

I used to look at the Chinese Cultural Revolution of 1966 and Weimar Germany in the 1920s in the lead up to Nazism and wonder, how could that happen? Oh never mind, it's all in a long forgotten monochrome past now, it could never happen again, could it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seriously? I really don't like the way politics is creeping into football, but the idea that it would stop me attending Notts games is ludicrous.

Just join in if you want to, or ignore it if you don't. Your pathetic stance of not attending games will only harm the club.
    Why is it "pathetic" ? I've supported Notts all my life and done just that. If I'm told I have to bend the knee or raise my fist before a game, well, Notts County can go and fcuk themselves.

Seriously? I really don't like the way politics is creeping into football, but the idea that it would stop me attending Notts games is ludicrous.

Just join in if you want to, or ignore it if you don't. Your pathetic stance of not attending games will only harm the club.
    A lot of these gestures tend to take place in the few minutes before the game kicks off, so if you don't share the sentiment being expressed (or wish to remain neutral on the issue) perhaps it's wise to remain on the concourse and invest in an extra pint or pie rather than participating in the standing or clapping or remaining silent (etc) for whatever cause or person is assumed by football authorities to have universal and unequivocal support.

I always remember the minute's silence for George Best that was held across football. Obviously, I realise George Best was a brilliant and iconic footballer and for a long time I liked what I saw of him as a guy (when he was sober) and had some sympathy for his personal battle with alcoholism. That respect disappeared, however, when he wasted his second chance at life in the form of a liver, donated by the family of someone deceased and transplanted into him at public expense. At some point in life you have to stop making excuses and seeking sympathy and take responsibility for your own actions and show the willingness to change, but Best never did.

When the minute's silence was held for him, I stayed below the stand. If the respect and remembrance shown to him was due to anyone, it was to the strong and selfless family who donated the liver, not to the weak and selfish man who wasted it.
    Last edited by jackal2; 05-07-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    A lot of these gestures tend to take place in the few minutes before the game kicks off, so if you don't share the sentiment being expressed (or wish to remain neutral on the issue) perhaps it's wise to remain on the concourse and invest in an extra pint or pie rather than participating in the standing or clapping or remaining silent (etc) for whatever cause or person is assumed by football authorities to have universal and unequivocal support.

I always remember the minute's silence for George Best that was held across football. Obviously, I realise George Best was a brilliant and iconic footballer and for a long time I liked what I saw of him as a guy (when he was sober) and had some sympathy for his personal battle with alcoholism. That respect disappeared, however, when he wasted his second chance at life in the form of a liver, donated by the family of someone deceased and transplanted into him at public expense. At some point in life you have to stop making excuses and seeking sympathy and take responsibility for your own actions and show the willingness to change, but Best never did.

When the minute's silence was held for him, I stayed below the stand. If the respect and remembrance shown to him was due to anyone, it was to the strong and selfless family who donated the liver, not to the weak and selfish man who wasted it.
    Possibly the worst post I've ever read. You hide, I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Why is it "pathetic" ? I've supported Notts all my life and done just that. If I'm told I have to bend the knee or raise my fist before a game, well, Notts County can go and fcuk themselves.
    Don't be such a drama queen. It's pathetic because how the fcuk can anyone tell you that have to bend the knee or raise a fist before a game?

What do you think will happen if you decide not to join in? If you're struggling, I'll tell you - absolutely nothing. Not for the first time, you are trying to make a really big drama out of something that will never, ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Possibly the worst post I've ever read. You hide, I won't.
    It's not a case of hiding. It's a case of not being pressured by the football authorities into participating in a gesture or supporting a message you don't agree with.

I suppose I could have taken my seat and shouted "F*ck George Best" during the minute's silence, but I don't think that would have aided my point, and it's not the person I am anyway.

It's not a case of hiding. It's a case of not being pressured by the football authorities into participating in a gesture or supporting a message you don't agree with.

I suppose I could have taken my seat and shouted "F*ck George Best" during the minute's silence, but I don't think that would have aided my point, and it's not the person I am anyway.
    Spot on. If you don't want to join in whatever the cause happens to be then don't, but respect those who do. The notion that we will be forced to join in is just too silly for words.

Don't be such a drama queen. It's pathetic because how the fcuk can anyone tell you that have to bend the knee or raise a fist before a game?

What do you think will happen if you decide not to join in? If you're struggling, I'll tell you - absolutely nothing. Not for the first time, you are trying to make a really big drama out of something that will never, ever happen.
    The FA said it was up to any player to take the knee or not. Not seen any decide not to. I wonder why? Btw, you can tell me what you like, goes without saying that I won't take a blind bit of notice what a d1ck like you says.

So you think every footballer wants to bend the knee?

I assume those asking for politics to be kept out of sport also object to the poppy on the shirt and the silence to commemorate armistice day? Or do you just object to politics you disagree with?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast