+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:-Bum Lickers

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The FA said it was up to any player to take the knee or not. Not seen any decide not to. I wonder why? Btw, you can tell me what you like, goes without saying that I won't take a blind bit of notice what a d1ck like you says.
    Can I tell you what I like? Family time, holidays, watching Notts, horse racing, alcohol, spicy food and onion growing for starters.

Not very keen on drama queens however.

So you think every footballer wants to bend the knee?
    If they bend the knee when they don’t want to, they’re f00king idiots.

Mind you, James McClean gets a load of abuse for not having a poppy on his shirt so maybe they’re not idiots after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I assume those asking for politics to be kept out of sport also object to the poppy on the shirt and the silence to commemorate armistice day? Or do you just object to politics you disagree with?
    The poppies on shirts should absolutely be stopped too, it puts certain players (Irish in particular) in a very difficult position. It's a relatively new thing in football as well. We never had any recognition of remembrance Sunday at Notts in the 1980s or even the 1990s. We were there to watch a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The poppies on shirts should absolutely be stopped too, it puts certain players (Irish in particular) in a very difficult position. It's a relatively new thing in football as well. We never had any recognition of remembrance Sunday at Notts in the 1980s or even the 1990s. We were there to watch a football match.
    We were there to watch a football match. Exactly. That's the way it always was then and the way it should be now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can I tell you what I like? Family time, holidays, watching Notts, horse racing, alcohol, spicy food and onion growing for starters.

Not very keen on drama queens however.
    Blagging free holidays and posting pictures of young girls being exploited I would add.

I agree. All or nothing is the only way to go.

My great grandfather was Irish and fought in the 3rd Battle of Ypres, Passchendaele.

Blagging free holidays and posting pictures of young girls being exploited I would add.
    Have you ever considered getting a life?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If they bend the knee when they don’t want to, they’re f00king idiots.

Mind you, James McClean gets a load of abuse for not having a poppy on his shirt so maybe they’re not idiots after all.
    I wear my poppy with pride, but I respected James McClean's right to refuse to do so. That's what freedom of expression is.

The football authorities really should not assume that any gesture, symbol or campaign has universal, unequivocal support. They should not put players or fans in a position where they explicitly or implicitly feel obliged to go along with something, or where they could be singled out or abused for not taking part.

The players are there to play football and the fans are there to watch football, nothing more, nothing less. Leave the corporate politics, campaigns and gestures at the gate.

The police were advised to take the knee so as not to make themselves targets. Celebrities and businesses are finding themselves to be in the same position if they don't show their support. It's coming to schools and the work place, it already has its' hands on levers of power and is spreading.

Watch this video and make sure you have the sound on. Black man taking down BLM posters because he's sick of seeing them across from where he lives, he's then attacked by a white BLM/antifa supporter. This is how insane these people are.

https://twitter.com/EddieDonovan/sta...36146425798656

RESISTING WOKENESS
    Two gay guys discussing the issue last November
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIJPUX6SYu4

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast