+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: O/T:-Bum Lickers

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You don’t need to seek out the likes of Phillips, she can be regularly heard/seen talking sh!t in a number of outlets. What is it about these people who apparently make the journey from left to right(more accurately known as evidence-based to non-evidenced based) on the political scale. Emburey, Fox, O.Neill, Grimes etc.

You can’t shut them up. Anybody would think it paid better to represent the interests of multi-billionaire newspaper owners and climate change denying industrialists.
    If you can explain to me what is evidence based about the left's approach to what a woman is, I'd love to hear it. I'm politically homeless but will never vote for a party that doesn't have even the most basic grasp of biology. Interestingly it's only the Tories who appear to have read the Ladybird book of the human body, whilst Lisa Nancy, RLB, Angela Rayner and now Keir Starmer appear to be tying themselves in knots to appeal to the woke folk.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    If you can explain to me what is evidence based about the left's approach to what a woman is, I'd love to hear it. I'm politically homeless but will never vote for a party that doesn't have even the most basic grasp of biology. Interestingly it's only the Tories who appear to have read the Ladybird book of the human body, whilst Lisa Nancy, RLB, Angela Rayner and now Keir Starmer appear to be tying themselves in knots to appeal to the woke folk.
    I don’t really think that’s a left/right thing. JKR is fairly left wing and we all know the abuse she’s received. These sort of debates are always hard for progressives because the likes of Nandy, Rayner, and Starmer always have to consider the ‘rights’ of trans people whereas reactionaries can dismiss them without losing political capital.

I have a ****age daughter who thinks trans rights should be absolutely respected while her brother asks if ‘I say I’m a carrot, does that make me a carrot’? I’m not sure who’s right tbh. But you’re right, I know which way the evidence goes.

I don’t really think that’s a left/right thing. JKR is fairly left wing and we all know the abuse she’s received. These sort of debates are always hard for progressives because the likes of Nandy, Rayner, and Starmer always have to consider the ‘rights’ of trans people whereas reactionaries can dismiss them without losing political capital.

I have a ****age daughter who thinks trans rights should be absolutely respected while her brother asks if ‘I say I’m a carrot, does that make me a carrot’? I’m not sure who’s right tbh. But you’re right, I know which way the evidence goes.
    I should add that I’m always sceptical of people who say ‘I’m politically homeless but I massively agree with this party on that one issue, so they’re the best’.

Ignoring poverty, education, the NHS, inequalities, Brexit, etc because they go along with your views on transgender people?

In political party terms it absolutely is a left/right issue sadly. Off the top of my head, Liz Truss, Jackie Doyle-Price, Danny Kruger, David Davis and Emma Nicholson have all written or spoken of the need to protect women's rights in light of the TRA movement. I'm struggling to think of a single Labour MP who has said or done anything. Well, I suppose Keir Starmer didn't do something. He didn't sign the letter signed by other labour MPs calling Womens Place UK a hate group.

As for your children, it's perfectly possible to support trans rights (as I do) whilst accepting than you cannot change ***. Many trans people think that too. Google Dr Debbie Hayton for example.

I should add that I’m always sceptical of people who say ‘I’m politically homeless but I massively agree with this party on that one issue, so they’re the best’.

Ignoring poverty, education, the NHS, inequalities, Brexit, etc because they go along with your views on transgender people?
    It's rather a leap to add 'so they are the best' don't you think?

And an even bigger leap to say 'Ignoring poverty, education, the NHS, inequalities, Brexit, etc because they go along with your views on transgender people?'. Not voting for a party because they appear to deny the existence of biological women and seem to be perfectly happy to see legislation relating to single *** spaces rolled back, doesn't mean ignoring other things that really matter to me. How very 'binary'.

It is possible to put time and effort into addressing inequality on a personal level without putting a cross in any party's box (which is what I did, or rather didn't do last time).

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    In case anyone needs any help

CRANE HIRE AND CONTRACT LIFTING SERVICES IN BRISTOL
    Market-leading crane hire and contract lifting services in Bristol.
    0845 113 0458
    Burcott Road,
    Bristol,
    BS11 8AB
    They didn't.

https://news.sky.com/story/black-liv...uncil-12029425

This new cult undoubtedly owes much to the French postmodernist philosophers Michel Foucault and Jaques Derrida (the latter's work was once described as "a sustained assault on western philosophical tradition"). I read both in the 1990s, Derrida left me feeling as though I'd been handed the secrets of black magic or something like that, I realised how powerful language could be and how it could be manipulated and used to manipulate.

Chomsky said of Foucault "I'd never met anyone who was so totally amoral." Foucault was into extreme S&M and in 1977 he contemplated the idea of punishing rape only as a crime of violence, while in 1978 he argued that non-coercive *** between adults and minors should be decriminalized entirely.

Here's a clip from an interview Foucault gave in the 1970s (coincidentally he died in 1984) it's segues into a collage of clips linked to the current movement and ends with Focualt grinning inanely at Chomsky (taken from a televised discussion they did together for Dutch TV in 1971) ........

https://twitter.com/HPluckrose/statu...38161479852034
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 17-07-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819