+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Albion to go up as Champions

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good thanks and staying positive. I meant To say Johnstone made some good saves but looked nervous on many occasions. Johnstone is truly poor compared to Foster! Being anyone jumps on me - I would have a punt on Hart as still a good couple of years left in him and he’s far better than Jounstone.
    I’ve mentioned Joe Hart loads of times on here mate.

Got another good 7-8 years in him.

Couldn't agree more Al. Johnstone is a very good shot stopper but a shivering wreck when it comes to crosses. Most teams have sussed him out now, that's why more of them send in high balls whenever they can. I would welcome back Ben but wouldn't be adverse to using Joe Hart if he becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

If we go up that would be a great signing and improvement in the GK departement.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

You have!!! I think Joe Hart would jump at the chance too if we were promoted. A massive improvement on Johnstone that’s for sure!

I doubt Leeds will bottle it this time, they were the best side in the Championship last season in my opinion. We have to forget about the other teams around us and just win games. Only we can wreck our promotion chances.
    Joe Hart? Never been really convinced by him when he played behind top defenders. But definitely a step up from Johnstone who is a modern day Tony Godden.

Talking to an Argyle fan at the weekend and he was telling me how impressed he was with Alex Palmer. Would love to see him back at Home Park as would their manager. Good enough to have made League 2 Team of the Season. Not suggesting at 23 he is ready right now but probably already better than Bond. Another loan to perhaps a Championship side me thinks.

Set me thinking in my nearly 60 years of following The Albion the only GK who has come thro the ranks and been close to be a regular is Dick Sheppard who made a few appearances as back up to Potter and then Ossie. Unless I've missed someone.

I read somewhere that Albion see Palmer as part of the future. Sheppard was an awful keeper, don't like to speak ill of the dead, but he was.

I'm not complaining about anything. 4-2 home win. Keep finding something to complain about is a lousy way to live your life. No team is perfect, and if you get to the top it wont be for long. Just enjoy the ride, and hopefully promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I'm not complaining about anything. 4-2 home win. Keep finding something to complain about is a lousy way to live your life. No team is perfect, and if you get to the top it wont be for long. Just enjoy the ride, and hopefully promotion.

Any successful business or person will always keep looking at improvements. Bit like saying the food in Marks and Spencer’s is absolutely perfect and nothing should change.

Only a person in a nut asylum would not see Gayle is twice the player of HRK and Foster is twice the keeper of Johnstone. If and a big if come our promotion players like this will be discarded otherwise we will come straight back down with a thud!

PS - did you see no wrong in Ricky Lambert or Tony Godden as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Talking to an Argyle fan at the weekend and he was telling me how impressed he was with Alex Palmer. Would love to see him back at Home Park as would their manager. Good enough to have made League 2 Team of the Season. Not suggesting at 23 he is ready right now but probably already better than Bond. Another loan to perhaps a Championship side me thinks.

Set me thinking in my nearly 60 years of following The Albion the only GK who has come thro the ranks and been close to be a regular is Dick Sheppard who made a few appearances as back up to Potter and then Ossie. Unless I've missed someone.
    Tony Godden........surely.

As fine a reflex keeper as I’ve seen in our shirt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)