+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wba

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39528881]Not like you to miss context. Look at post #45.

If the ref saw forward movement, and there was and the video shows it, that would PROBABLY justify the red. Probably used to qualify the word justify. My initial reaction was he could get a red for that. The slow mo showed, albeit slight, forward motion. That is probably what made the ref's mind up, as it did mine. At the time I could accept the decision. It seems the FA has decided there was no intent and Sibs was merely trying to get his foot out of the leg lock it had been in for way too long. I can accept that too. I am not "standing my ground/ being stubborn", or similar, as you seem to imply, merely being open and honest about what I saw, what the video shows, how that PROBABLY influenced the ref's decision, as it did mine and therefore not being surprised at the decision. That you and the FA decided that there was no intent is fine. It goes to show how difficult decision making can be and no ref gets them all right. I can understand how this decision occurred and would, PROBABLY, have made the same decision, had I been the ref. It's like I tell teams pre match (I've posted this elsewhere on here previously), the only guarantee is that I will make mistakes, all of them honest ones BUT I will make far less than any player on the park....... also, I have posted nowhere that O'Shea DIDN'T clutch his knee. All I said was "PROBABLY JUSTIFIED" and I can understand it.

On the ref's overall performance, I still understand his reaction to the Sibley incident. However, he was absolutely shocking as I have described earlier in this thread.

Looking at this another way, if the roles had been reversed we'd all have been screaming for O'Shea to get his marching orders......[/QUOTE

MA got to agree with you about the ref . I watched the match through again last night and couldn't believe the things he got wrong . It was usually to our disadvantage but sometimes WBA. It's not really surprising he got the red card wrong because he wasn't near enough to see what was actually happening ,but his assistant was and did nothing When we had the ref earlier this season he sent Bielic of but nobody could argue about that one. I think of hope he just had a bad game

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Well if WBA disagreed with the decision What are they going to do about the dying swan impression of their player ,who deliberately convinced the ref it was a red card
    Or maybe WBA plan to buy him once promoted and want to keep on his good side...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You’ve stood alone on many issues over the years so you’ll understand that I may be in the minority but that doesn’t meant I’m not right
    Not sure I’ve ever ‘stood alone’, Andy...in a minority maybe, but I usually have at least Swale or mista’s support, although the former is just as likely to be ‘biting my ankles’ depending on the argument.
    Usually it’s philosophical/political differences...this was more tangible...all the evidence said ‘not guilty’ and fortunately all that matters is that the correct decision was rapidly reached (you obviously disagree) and young Sibley remains a ‘free man’.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

On the ref's overall performance, I still understand his reaction to the Sibley incident. However, he was absolutely shocking as I have described earlier in this thread.

Agreed.

Looking at this another way, if the roles had been reversed we'd all have been screaming for O'Shea to get his marching orders......
    Honestly? On first viewing...possibly. Having seen the replay...I wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Or maybe WBA plan to buy him once promoted and want to keep on his good side...
    Geoff you might have a point there But there were other WBA players waving imaginary cards about before the ref did

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Honestly? On first viewing...possibly. Having seen the replay...I wouldn’t.
    I'm with you RA I can't understand anybody who has seen the replay can say that Sibley kick him Fortunately the people who matter thought so has well .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I'm with you RA I can't understand anybody who has seen the replay can say that Sibley kick him Fortunately the people who matter thought so has well .
    AS a review has clearly found. Not much room for doubt on this one unless you need the help of specsavers!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)