+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Anti)social distancing

(Anti)social distancing

So we have a contact spirit where (despite some reservations perhaps) there has been plenty of "contact", in both PL and Championsip games. Most feature zero use of masks by coaching staff, so what exactly is being achieved by denying fans from attending (even if numbers are limited to say half the ground capacity)?

The dirty feckers are still spitting too in many cases. Fact is if you're not on your last legs or have certain health problems it's not going to do you much harm. Probably the biggest knee jerk in human history.

The people associated with the club are tested twice a week at least, this includes players and coaches.

The risk of having 30,000 people into a small area definitely increases the risk of transmission.

I am almost certain that within the next 2 weeks there will be a spike in C-19 in the UK and more areas will be in lock down as people fail adhere to recommended guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    The people associated with the club are tested twice a week at least, this includes players and coaches.

The risk of having 30,000 people into a small area definitely increases the risk of transmission.

I am almost certain that within the next 2 weeks there will be a spike in C-19 in the UK and more areas will be in lock down as people fail adhere to recommended guidelines.
    First sentence here spot on,

If we had say 15,000 let in to watch, They would have to prove they had been tested regularly, not going to happen,

If they told me today ( Just my opinion), that i could attend v Stoke i still wouldnt go, just like i will not go to the pubs yet, i have no health issues, just dont think its safe yet.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    The dirty feckers are still spitting too in many cases. Fact is if you're not on your last legs or have certain health problems it's not going to do you much harm. Probably the biggest knee jerk in human history.
    This is not the case, young folk including athletes have had bad cases including death.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    This is not the case, young folk including athletes have had bad cases including death.

That happens, not just when covid 19 is about. The death rate for June 2019 in the UK was higher than June this year. About 1400 people die in the UK per day on avarage, the old and unhealthy but now they just have positive test for covid on their death certificate. I won't even start on the testing and how inaccurate it is or the test itself.

Very hard to believe what the Government tell you given they are all a bunch of fibbing conts!

I would suggest we all hide in our basements until their is a vaccine.

I'm sure the vaccine will be 100% safe. it's great that the Chinese are helping us out on this. I'm sure they are 100% interested in our safety and that there is no way that Bill Gates or any of the other "500 million is the right population" crowd would ever do anything that might harm us. It's just great knowing that these fine people are so concerned about you and I.

Keep hiding in the basement and, above all else, make sure you wear you mask every you go. We should have that vaccine about the same time we have one for HIV, Herpes, Ebola and Dengue fever. Should be any decade now. In the mean time you'll have lost your health, sanity, money and dignity but you'll be safe. This will be another "peace in our time" moment for all of us.
    Last edited by spaldy; 06-07-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Very hard to believe what the Government tell you given they are all a bunch of fibbing conts!

Sadly that's true, I will always worry more about bullsh1tting politicians and the people that listen to them than I ever will about covid 19.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I would suggest we all hide in our basements until their is a vaccine.

I'm sure the vaccine will be 100% safe. it's great that the Chinese are helping us out on this. I'm sure they are 100% interested in our safety and that there is no way that Bill Gates or any of the other "500 million is the right population" crowd would ever do anything that might harm us. It's just great knowing that these fine people are so concerned about you and I.

Keep hiding in the basement and, above all else, make sure you wear you mask every you go. We should have that vaccine about the same time we have one for HIV, Herpes, Ebola and Dengue fever. Should be any decade now. In the mean time you'll have lost your health, sanity, money and dignity but you'll be safe. This will be another "peace in our time" moment for all of us.
    Hi Spaldy - Earlier this year when I needed a work visa for Russia I had to provide a medical certificate to prove I had been tested negative for HIV,Ebola and Covid 19 before I even set foot in Russia whilst in the mean time them I could come and go anywhere else with no questions asked.Not sure if same procedure was asked on China/Russia borders 'tho.
    Strange world.
    MOT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)