+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If this site closes down.......

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    Des's views matter

Like this site and the differing views so I would be out if the site went as couldn’t be bothered to post elsewhere. Des and Chris run it well and not heavy handed as can’t be doing with that so appreciation to them both for their time

As long as it keeps going I will go along with it. I am surprised it has lasted this long, other Albion sites like The Zone went ages ago. If you look at the other sites on footymad most of them are dead. I haven't been on Cambridge board for a while but that was good fun but not if you are easily offended. The England board used to be much better than what it was. Then there was Celtic and Rangers and West Ham and Pompey, all top boards. Wolves board was much busier when they were shy te.
    Too busy pulling their puds over Reuben Neves now I'll wager.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    As long as it keeps going I will go along with it. I am surprised it has lasted this long, other Albion sites like The Zone went ages ago. If you look at the other sites on footymad most of them are dead. I haven't been on Cambridge board for a while but that was good fun but not if you are easily offended. The England board used to be much better than what it was. Then there was Celtic and Rangers and West Ham and Pompey, all top boards. Wolves board was much busier when they were shy te.
    Too busy pulling their puds over Reuben Neves now I'll wager.
    😆😆😆

The West Ham board was brutal and not for the faint hearted.

You took a deep gulp and crossed your fingers before venturing to post on there.

Their picture threads were some of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on the internet.

Remember when we did a summer tour of all the other boards and the Charlton mod banned us all even though he was was the only person posting on there!?🤡😆

I mentioned to Des on FB a couple of weeks ago about PNE Thor who was a really funny bloke and if you Google you can find that people are still talking about him.

Thankfully ( I think ) he’s still alive and kicking and handing out sweeties to schoolchildren.

Great poster though and one who was happy to set himself up as a target with his crazy musings.

PNE’s Des 🤫😆

I’ve met some good people as a result of being on this board and had some really good days out. Remember the barge trips, great fun, would love to be on another one of those. I don’t expect that the club sponsors the barge anymore? Normally travel to matches (well, I did) with Geoff (baggieboygeoff), so this board has been great. Also remember the pub in Peterborough when we, including Mick, met Oldham.....! I wonder if he still reads this board? It was good to meet Mick for a Kettering v Stourbridge match last season; so, long live WBA-MAD.

Des and myself have it easy. There is hardly ever anything that needs action from either of us. If there is we probably ignore it anyway!
    I doubt I'd sign up anywhere else if the board closed unless we get the chance on here to agree were we go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)