+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If this site closes down.......

If this site closes down.......

.....Where will we all meet up?

I tried joining westbrom.com but Ive tried 3 times now and the mods on there never ever authorise registration so ive given up with them. Anywhere else others may suggest.

Please don't say that's possible, I really enjoy this site, it keeps me in touch with what's happening. don't always agree with what's being posted, but we're all entitled to our opinions
    Last edited by Baggies_Boy_Tony; 06-07-2020 at 07:42 AM.

It might be an idea to set up a “WestBromMad” Facebook page but I’d guess there’s a number of contributors who prefer to remain faceless.

What has happened, then, is Footymad in trouble? Is this just a rumour or has there been a statement regarding the board being closed?

It would be a real shame to lose this site, it is far better than the .com board, you can say what you think on here as opposed to the excessive censorship on that other site. I would be ok with a Facebook page.......

One day it could happen. One loose word on forums these days or any social media site and the cops are a sniffin" . It only takes one to take offence

Be a terrible shame to lose this site, everyone has their own opinions,but people don’t fall out or result in foul and abusive language unlike some other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    .....Where will we all meet up?

I tried joining westbrom.com but Ive tried 3 times now and the mods on there never ever authorise registration so ive given up with them. Anywhere else others may suggest.
    Many internet packages where you design your own site have discussion board and log-in options. Its pretty easy. There's the cost of the domain, site hosting and a web design package. Many companies like SITE123 provide the whole package. I'd guess £20/25 a month give or take would cover the running costs and that would probably be without ads for that cost.

FB is heavily censored due to the robotic recognition software they use picking up on words so IMO to be avoided for a community like this that encourages (polite) debate but a private FB group might be the easiest answer and it keeps out any undesireables.

As long as notice was given something might be happening then 24 hours would normally be enough to secure a domain name and arrange a centralised contact point for collecting email addresses of members etc.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Many internet packages where you design your own site have discussion board and log-in options. Its pretty easy. There's the cost of the domain, site hosting and a web design package. Many companies like SITE123 provide the whole package. I'd guess £20/25 a month give or take would cover the running costs and that would probably be without ads for that cost.

FB is heavily censored due to the robotic recognition software they use picking up on words so IMO to be avoided for a community like this that encourages (polite) debate but a private FB group might be the easiest answer and it keeps out any undesireables.

As long as notice was given something might be happening then 24 hours would normally be enough to secure a domain name and arrange a centralised contact point for collecting email addresses of members etc.

Just my 2 cents worth....
    You’re the expert mate so would you fancy setting something up?

I’m happy to help you run it etc if so.

We can block Des when he starts wittering about wildlife and pipe smoking 😆

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You’re the expert mate so would you fancy setting something up?

I’m happy to help you run it etc if so.

We can block Des when he starts wittering about wildlife and pipe smoking ��
    Des's views matter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)