+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saint Maximin

Saint Maximin

Canny article here from Football365

https://www.football365.com/news/opi...ewcastle-cycle

Aye, very good read.

I know we are biased in our views about the value and potential of this club, but imagine being one of those in the consortium and realising you are paying 300m for the club with a player like ASM in the squad.
    I don't think its far fetched to say he could end up being valued anywhere upwards of 50-60m or even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I know we are biased in our views about the value and potential of this club, but imagine being one of those in the consortium and realising you are paying 300m for the club with a player like ASM in the squad.
    I don't think its far fetched to say he could end up being valued anywhere upwards of 50-60m or even higher.
    ASM is definitely the jewel in the crown.

Realistically what do we really need to make our first team competitive at the top end of the league?

This is my take:

Sign:
    Lazaro - the lad is class and versatile
    Jetro - solve the left back issues
    + 1 more Quality LB
    Quality RB
    Striker x2

Squad - Keep:
    Central defenders are pretty good
    Lacelles
    Florian Lejeune
    Fernandez
    Dummett
    Schar

Fullbacks:
    Manquillo

Midfield:
    Longstaffs x 2
    Shelvey (for a season - replace next summer)
    Hayden

Attackers:
    ASM Obvs
    Miggy
    Carroll - already signed

Sell / Loan out:
    Muto - sell
    Gayle - sell
    Jolinton - sell / loan - just not CF and not technical / fast enough to be a PL winger - better suited to European leagues
    Yadlin - sell

We really only need 6 quality players to make us a very competitive squad with depth to compete.

However as we've all been commenting the first most important signing is a decent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Definitely worth Coutinho, Sane, Mane money. 80-100m in my option.

ASM's value to us - priceless.

Hat Trick of assists today. 9/10 for me

He can go on to level Mane reaches and surpass it I think

Being pragmatic, most players on on 5 year deals at most so even if everyone was to do a Colback and just pick up a wage without even having a squad number, this is a five year rebuild with natural turnover every window - players with more integrity than Wor Jack will leave for pastures new if they aren’t required by whoever is the manager. That might sound methodical and stunted but given the absolute shît show and lack of hope from the last 13 years of being bled dry, I’d me more than happy with that approach if the infrastructure behind the scenes was repaired and also improved.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Being pragmatic, most players on on 5 year deals at most so even if everyone was to do a Colback and just pick up a wage without even having a squad number, this is a five year rebuild with natural turnover every window - players with more integrity than Wor Jack will leave for pastures new if they aren’t required by whoever is the manager. That might sound methodical and stunted but given the absolute shît show and lack of hope from the last 13 years of being bled dry, I’d me more than happy with that approach if the infrastructure behind the scenes was repaired and also improved.
    I completely understand your logic Bix. However, I live in Qatar and have done for almost 10 yrs now. I would like to think I have learned a thing or two about the Arabic mentality.

When they want something, there is no waiting. The word 'Yalla' means 'Go' 'Fast' 'Now' 'Do it' 'Get on with it'. Working projects in the neck'o'woods you present and go through details, haggle endlessly on price but when it gets to a point where it's a done deal, they want it yesterday.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for the government to have a quiet word in Masters ear to tell him to sign off.

We're all in the same boat, from fat man downing pints and chatting sh!t about Ronaldinho to the reality of signing just Vernon Anita. However I don't think it will be 5 yrs before we start to see the average spend on a player being £20-25m.

From all that has been said, it seems like there is a real process of thought into the type of quality player we will be targeting and let's face it, those players cost money.

Especially goal scorers.

Everton Soares has been linked - £25m was the price for West Brom apparently. Worth a Punt.
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...erton-17481650

Some Mexican lad from Napoli has also been mentioned on loan however he's more of a left winger which means we'd have to ship Atsu out for sure, not that it'd be a great loss.

I see PSG are nicely making there way into our press supposedly wanting to sign Saint-Maximin. Typical really but with there owners it's another nice way for them to wind us and most importantly the Saudis up. It also shows what could potentially happen if the sale of the club doesn't go through. We need it to happen and quick, then if it does I want the Saudis to walk into PSG and walk out with Mbappe just to show them and the rest of the world who's running the show.

Aye-the PL have a responsibility-a duty, in fact-to make a decision one way or the other as a matter of urgency now.

You couldn't imagine a single player wanting to leave if we get new owners whereas with fatso still in charge you couldn't blame them for wanting out at the first opportunity. The longer the PL drag this out, the more destabilising it will be on the squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)